WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
This was the original version, but I found one that was right up Tom's alley. But since this is your thread Sis, I will post the tame version with NO bikini clad girls :BangHead:

LOL I'm getting pretty immune to it by now from hanging out with the pirates. I don't think Tom knows about this thread. :dontknow: I dare say it might be interesting to hear his oldie favorites, since he is from Germany. He might have a few that have been unheard of to us.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't check to see if this was mentioned already...

Next month will be the 50th anniversary of Woodstock. Here's a song that Santana performed there...

This is a good one. I like Santana.

I did a little research yesterday. There were 32 bands/performers for Woodstock. Plenty of material to cover. :laughing9: I also read the issues they had with getting permits at different venues that led to them having it at Yasgur's farm. And, I see that the Woodstock 50 is struggling with permits now.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The Band at Woodstock...

I admit I don't know a lot of performers names. I just recall the songs. This song takes me back to some good childhood memories! Thanks! I think I will be able to remember their name now. :tongue3: :laughing9:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Interesting self analysis: Back in the days of Woodstock, I was a police officer with the LAPD 'with an attitude' against what happened at Woodstock (other than the music). Today, I'd vote for the legalization of pot. Keep the music coming.
Don....

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting self analysis: Back in the days of Woodstock, I was a police officer with the LAPD 'with an attitude' against what happened at Woodstock (other than the music). Today, I'd vote for the legalization of pot. Keep the music coming.
Don....

That is interesting.

When I was a pot head, I was all for it. Then, I became a new creation and took a staunch stand against it. Now, I must admit, I teeter-totter, but teeter towards legalizing it more and more. Not sure, but it may be because I realize it is coming and I need to accept it. I won't say never, but I don't think I will go back.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Don....
=======
That must have been a very stressful time Don, especially in L.A.. Congratulations for not losing your sanity, or even worse.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Don....
Back in the good old days when the fuzz would hassle any long hair dude on sight and play the "up against the wall" game for fun.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Canned Heat at Woodstock...

Brown corduroys! Oh man do I remember those! And I got to rat my husband out. He dances just like the guy in the yellow shirt. LOL.

According to Wiki, Going Up The Country was the unofficial song for Woodstock.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young at Woodstock...

It's been a while since I heard this one! I liked the information givien in the introduction. Over 500,000 young people gathered for 3 days of music and fun. largest group ever assembled at that time. Crazy.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Another one I don't remember. One verse that really hit home with me was, "Smoked my first cigarette when I was 10."

I started smoking at 9. Never got caught until I was around 15. By that time, parents didn't care. Different times then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread