WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Simon, do you know how hard it is to stuff envelopes while listening to this song? LOL!

I love CCR! Hard for me to pick a favorite! In gettting back to the Wood Stock theme, I'll post this one (It may have already been posted :icon_scratch:???:dontknow:)

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent threads, keep them coming!!!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't help but think of Tom! :tongue3:

======

I agree Sis :hello2: One weird song for sure and somehow I can see Tom.

And I agree with you on Olivia Newton John :notworthy: Beautiful voice and......................pretty ! Her singing "If Not For You" hypnotizes me every time. :love10:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I got this feeling you have a lot of songs up your sleeve that I haven't heard of. :notworthy:
==========

I was surprised that you had not heard several of these. They were not like they were the last song on side 2 of the album. :notworthy: Glad you like :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, another from Woodstock

The Who played a 25 set song from 5:00 a.m. to 6:05 a. m. Sunday morning. "We're Not Gonna Take It" was the 18th song. I found out that they had an incident after they played "Pinball Wizard" (which is one of my favorites of course)

Controversy at Woodstock

At Woodstock in 1969, Hoffman interrupted The Who's performance to attempt to speak against the jailing of John Sinclair of the White Panther Party. He grabbed a microphone and yelled, "I think this is a pile of **** while John Sinclair rots in prison ..." Pete Townshend was adjusting his amplifier between songs and turned to look at Hoffman over his left shoulder. Townshend shouted "**** off! **** off my ****ing stage!"[SUP][23][/SUP][SUP][24][/SUP][SUP][25][/SUP] and reportedly ran at Hoffman with his guitar and hit Hoffman in the back, although Townshend later denied attacking Hoffman.[SUP][26][/SUP] Townshend later said that while he actually agreed with Hoffman on Sinclair's imprisonment, he would have knocked him offstage regardless of the content of his message, given that Hoffman had violated the "sanctity of the stage," i.e., the right of the band to perform uninterrupted by distractions not relevant to the show. The incident took place during a camera change, and was not captured on film. The audio of this incident, however, can be heard on The Who's box set, Thirty Years of Maximum R&B (Disc 2, Track 20, "Abbie Hoffman Incident").
In 1971's Steal This Book in the section "Free Communication," Hoffman encourages his readership to take to the stage at rock concerts to use the pre-assembled audience and PA system to get their message out. However, he mentions that "interrupting the concert is frowned upon since it is only spitting in the faces of people you are trying to reach."[SUP][27][/SUP]
In Woodstock Nation, Hoffman mentions the incident and says he was on a bad LSD trip at the time. Joe Shea, then a reporter for the Times Herald-Record, a local newspaper that covered the event on-site, said he saw the incident. He recalled that Hoffman was actually hit in the back of the head by Townshend's guitar and toppled directly into the pit in front of the stage. He does not recall any "shove" from Townshend, and discounts both men's accounts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread