WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Simon, you have been playing a lot of songs with female names. I'm looking up songs with male names. I found this one. I don't know how old it is, but his an old time sound.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I grew up listening to Jan and Dean, ( as well as others ).
The creative force in the early 1960s hit-making duo Jan and Dean, Berry suffered serious brain injuries one morning in 1966 when he lost control of his speeding Corvette and slammed into the back of a parked truck. In the first years of recovery he had to relearn speaking and walking. His conversation remains halting at times, he limps and his right arm and hand are partially paralyzed. He has no vision out of the left side of each eye. Before Jan could return to performing, he spent hours relearning words to songs he had written. This accident took place almost two years after they recorded "Deadman's Curve " and the accident itself was near the spot of Deadman's Curve.

View attachment 1746492 View attachment 1746493

It was emotional for almost everyone when the two got back together for their first public concert after the accident.

Hmmm. I never knew that. Sad. From the looks of the pics, it's amazing he survived.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Simon, you have been playing a lot of songs with female names. I'm looking up songs with male names. I found this one. I don't know how old it is, but his an old time sound.

=======
Established in Eugene, Oregon, in 1989.

It is BORDERLINE amusing.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That car crash was terrible and he was lucky to live, but he had severe injuries and he battled them to return to the stage and sing. He had a strong will power.

This was kind of a funny comment from Dean that he recalled from the early Jan and Dean days.

" I remember when we’d come to the East Coast, we’d cross paths with all of the teen idols: Frankie Avalon, Fabian, Bobby Rydell. One time, we ran into Bobby at some Dick Clark thing, and he said he was recording that night. We said, “Oh, man, we’ll come on by and hang out.” He looked at us and said, “Oh, no, the session is closed.” [Laughs] We looked at each other, like, “Closed? What are we going to steal from him? ‘Volare?’ Why would it be closed? We just wanted to say hi.” That was not the mentality we were used to. ".

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I must add Boogie Woogie:

Funny, I don't ever remember dancing like that.
Don.......

Thanks, Don. I got winded just watching! I don't think I could have danced that fast even in my youth! Man that piano player is tall!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That car crash was terrible and he was lucky to live, but he had severe injuries and he battled them to return to the stage and sing. He had a strong will power.

This was kind of a funny comment from Dean that he recalled from the early Jan and Dean days.

" I remember when we’d come to the East Coast, we’d cross paths with all of the teen idols: Frankie Avalon, Fabian, Bobby Rydell. One time, we ran into Bobby at some Dick Clark thing, and he said he was recording that night. We said, “Oh, man, we’ll come on by and hang out.” He looked at us and said, “Oh, no, the session is closed.” [Laughs] We looked at each other, like, “Closed? What are we going to steal from him? ‘Volare?’ Why would it be closed? We just wanted to say hi.” That was not the mentality we were used to. ".

That does sound a little odd. I don't know any "big time" musicians, but all the local ones that I know, they love to get together and listen to each other and hang out and play music together.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not entirely sure, but I believe Chuck Berry was another that had a super ego ? Again, not positive, but seems like I recall an incident he went ballistic on one of the Rolling Stones when they performed together. :dontknow:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The D I S CO Hustle ? Maybe your brain was trying to shutdown to avoid a meltdown laughing021 (1).gif

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
More dancing...

LOL! I just watched that Mayberry episode!

Hehehehe Even Herman dances better than me!

This is my speed. And note they don't seem to know their right from left either! LOL!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Cyborg Reaper with a kids video ? Just doesn't sound right :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I couldn't find one that is done the way we all do it. I guess I'll have to ask my Polish relatives if they can post a video. We dance to it at all the Polish weddings. Even when I used to go to the skating rinks, we danced the same as I had learned it. Maybe it isn't a Polish thing? Maybe it's a Buckeye thing?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread