WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
my childhood to youth was a huge cultural shift, and that was before I moved to Italia in '59

I should add that I was exposed to opera and musicals from a young age, the above is a love song

edit:
Un uomo vivo

Io non sapevo per cosa vivevo.
Io non sapevo a che cosa servivo.
Ora so, ora so...
I miei occhi mi servono
per vedere te,
le mie labbra mi servono
per parlare a te,
le orecchie mi servono
per sentire la tua voce,
le mie mani mi servono
per stringere te...

E sono un uomo, un uomo vero,
un uomo vero perché ti amo.
E sono un uomo, un uomo vivo,
un uomo vivo perché ti amo.
Perché ti amo, io ti amo,
io ti amo e tu ami me.

E sono un uomo, un uomo vero,
un uomo vero perché ti amo.
E sono un uomo, un uomo vivo,
un uomo vivo perché ti amo.
Perché ti amo, io ti amo,
io ti amo e tu ami me.

using google to translate:

A Living Man

I didn't know what I lived for.
I didn't know what I was serving.
Now I know, now I know ...
I need my eyes
to see you,
my lips serve me
to talk to you,
I need ears
to hear your voice,
my hands serve me
to tighten you ...

And I'm a man, a real man,
a real man because I love you.
And I'm a man, a living man,
a man alive because I love you.
Because I love you, I love you,
I love you and you love me.

And I'm a man, a real man,
a real man because I love you.
And I'm a man, a living man,
a man alive because I love you.
Because I love you, I love you,
I love you and you love me.

better in Italian

My first thought was, " This is going to be a cultural challenge and growth for me. The only Opera I have been exposed to was from the movie Lady and the Tramp." And it is, but, it was not what I expected at all. The video was unavailable for me, so I looked it up and will repost it incase someone else has the same issue. It kind of has the same sound as the American Carooners. And in the translation, the first few verses almost sound like one was talking about their creator. Thanks for sharing, BillA.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Now Sis..........You have listened to Opera before, have you already forgotten, ( or are you trying to forget ), The Rock Opera Tommy :dontknow:

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

The Yardbirds with Jeff Beck.
Beck joined the Yardbirds after their first lead guitarist, Eric Clapton quit, then for a short time, Beck and Jimmy Page were both in the Yardbirds, then Beck departed to form the JEFF BECK GROUP with Rod Stewart as lead vocalist.
Clapton formed CREAM, and Page, LED ZEPELIN, and all three have influenced many a guitar slinger.

OK this is a kind of weird, funny thing about me. I can remember when I first learned that Eric Clapton had been a part of the Yardbirds. Not the exact date or time (35 +/-yrs. ago), but where I was at. We were driving on Main st. In Dayton, just passing the Peaches Record Store. Weird, I know. :tongue3:

The Rod Stewart info I didn't know about.

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Now Sis..........You have listened to Opera before, have you already forgotten, ( or are you trying to forget ), The Rock Opera Tommy :dontknow:

LOL! I forgot. Still forget. :icon_scratch:???:tongue3:

Remind me.

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My memory is so bad sometimes. I heard a couple songs yesterday that I wanted to play, and I can't remember what they were. :tongue3:

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this opera song. And love it. See, I had forgotten this one when I was racking my brain about opera.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
had to ck the thread title, I'm still ok; you guys gonna trip my switch here
Music is a human pastime and exists in a plethora of forms of which each society has their preferred style(s), which change over time.
I like music but unfortunately am tone deaf so cannot play. (Piano as a kid but did not stick; base, guitar, banjo were impossible.)

In any, and all, music forms there will be a very few who excel; and that is my interest (but not to rap or gunge, etc.).
The version of Un Omo Vivo that I posted is not the San Remo version, Taioli has a deeper fuller voice than Paoil and that makes a difference. (thanks for the new link Wrightdigger)

Opera becomes even more exotic because, if a singer has the scope, and training, the results are memorable.
I will post 2 arias, then let you guys be.
Enrico Caruso had a voice and control that has not been equaled.

Maria Callas is another standout.

its not all howling at the moon (but Jeff will never agree, lol)

Ave Maria
Despite being one of the world’s favourite settings of ‘Ave Maria’, Schubert never actually wrote a piece called ‘Ave Maria’.

Schubert’s music was actually called ‘Ellens dritter Gesang’, which translates as ‘Ellen’s Third Song’. He wrote it in 1825, aged 28, to the words of Sir Walter Scott’s epic poem The Lady of the Lake. The song does contain the words ‘Ave Maria’, but only in reference to the prayer itself.
Now one of Schubert’s most popular works, ‘Ave Maria’ has been recorded by numerous artists, with lyrics that largely differ from the original poem.
Andrea Bocelli, Maria Callas and Celine Dion have all recorded beautiful versions, as has the inimitable Luciano Pavarotti:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Rod Stewart info I didn't know about.

That is Ron Wood on the right, went on to the FACES with Rod Stewart, and of course, now in the STONES.
Ansley Dunbar , drummer, is on the left, is a legend who has played with everyone from Eric Burdon's Animals to Journey to Zappa.
I'm Sure Simon is familiar with this drummer.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2017. He has been around.
Jefferson Starship, Sammy Hagar, Whitesnake and others.
He lost out being Jimi Hendrix's drummer to Mitch Mitchell.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had fun reminiscing, but must call it a night.
Good night :notworthy:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea that's Rock n Roll to me

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO - One of the best bands to grace this earth!

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Tnet friends. I am afraid I need to take a break from posting. I really don't want to air out my dirty laundry on here, but I feel guilty not letting you all know what is going on. I am going to have to start from the beginning, so it's gonna be long. Sorry. Tnet was my very first experience with any form of social media. I asked my husband if I could join and he consented with a warning to be careful. I would sit and read him posts and show him pics and ask him what to say, and even ask if I could befriend a couple guys. Everything was going fine. Then I was spending too much time on here and it started causing contention between us. I have let it get to the point that most of my posting is done in secret (yes, I'm secretly posting now:tongue3:). It has been mentally and spiritually exhausting. I fell asleep the other morning, when I was posting on this thread. When I woke up, I decided I couldn't do this anymore. This is all on me. No one has done or said anything to turn me against this site. No one has scared me off, even though their have been attempts.

m3uxcgam.jpg

I am not saying that I am quitting. There have still been times where he has bragged to people about the help I have received from this site, with photography, ID'ng, MD'ing, and estimated worths. He does, at times, tell me to post something, and he is considering getting involved with magnet fishing. I am going to limit my posts to those times. Unfortunately, that means I cannot keep up with this thread. I am sorry. I appreciate all the posting that has gone on here and the diversity of wonderful music. Please feel free to carry on with the reminiscing and history lessons, if you want, or start your own threads to get more feedback. But, most importantly, I have enjoyed the cyber friendships that have been made.

two-emoticons-shaking-hands-385.jpg

So, for now, I say

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Sis, I understand and you know where to find me if you need.
Was hard to find a song that did not sound like a love song.
This one seemed pretty appropriate in saying goodbye for now.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
( You know The Backstreet Boys are not my thing, but the lyrics made up for it ).

I am probably going to hang it up for a while as well, that book needs to be done asap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread