Favorite songs I was raised on

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Before his "I Can't Drive 55" solo career and Van Halen 2.0 hits, Sammy Hagar was a band member with a California group called Montrose.

Ronnie Montrose began as a session musician with the likes of Van Morrison and the Edgar Winter Group. Ronnie Montrose decided to form his own band in 1973. Enlisting the help of fellow session pros Bill Church (bass), Denny Carmassi (drums), and a talented up-and-coming California singer named Sammy Hagar, Montrose soon released their eponymous first album in November of that year. Although it never broke the Billboard Top 100, Montrose eventually went platinum. Not surprising, later Hagar and Montrose had a falling out and Hagar left the band.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Another obscure song
Fool, Fool, Fool by Ray Brown and The Whispers in 1965

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Hard Times

Bass, (and band leader), Dave Pomeroy; Guitars : Duane Eddy, John Fogerty, Peter Frampton,Vince Gill, Doyle Dykes; Sax: Randy Leago, Denis solee ; Drums : Steve Turner ; Keyboards : Tony Harrell.
This was the finale of the Chet Atkins Musicians Day Festival in Nashville April 5, 2000 at the Ryman Auditorium.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Quentin Tarantino heard this song in Amsterdam in a vintage record store. He knew he had to use it in his movie Reservoir Dogs .

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

From Los Bravos who also had the hit "Black is
Black"

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Sweet‘s “Ballrooom Blitz” came from a riot that saw the band bottled off the stage at the Grand Hall Palace Theater, Kilmarnock, Scotland, in 1973. Men spat, and the women screamed to drown out the music. This was unexpected for a group famous for their string of chart hits like Little Willy, Wig-Wag Bam, and the number 1, Block Buster.

Why it happened led to suggestions that the band’s appearance in eye-shadow, glitter and lipstick was too much for the audience.

Another was the rumor that Sweet didn’t play their instruments, that they were a manufactured band like The Monkees. A story which may have gained credence as the band’s famous song-writing duo of Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman, preferred using session musicians to working with artists.

The sliver of truth in this rumor was that Sweet only sang on the first 3 Chinn-Chapman singles (Funny, Funny, Co-Co and Poppa Joe). It wasn’t until the fourth, Little Willy, that Chinn and Chapman realized Sweet was in fact far better musicians than any hired hands, and allowed the band to do what they did best - play.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

SD may have already posted this, if so, sorry.
But it still sounds great.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeh, The Lawrence Welk Show....................Ah 1 ah 2 ah 1 2 3.

KookieJay

Greenie
Jul 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Stevie Wonder song! My dad likes Johnny Cash, too. Can't quite remember his favorite song, though.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Simon! I am almost all caught up on the home front. I have to close the books at work yet. Seas are calmer though. FYI.... October is Country Music Month! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread