WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
BTW, I have missed this thread so much! I go to a local grocery store that plays oldies on their system. I think I mentioned that before. Every time I go in, I have been tearing up! That's how much I have missed it. Music feeds my soul. Always has. I just wish I could sing!

9dqsksup.jpg

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol. Laughter is the best medicine.

How's the book coming along?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Slow . I had hoped to be done with it by now................but, I am still working on it.
He turned 96 last Thursday !

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Laughter and Music is my therapy. It wasn't until I started posting on your site here that I realized a part of me was missing , so thanks for that "prod" you gave me on the RCT. :notworthy:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I will listen to the videos at work today. Thanks, again, for posting some, Simon. :cat:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicely done Sis. :notworthy:

Since he was a "Legendary" Border Patrol Agent, ( before we had borders, and maybe even radios :laughing7: ), this is for you Don Jose:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Before his "I Can't Drive 55" solo career and Van Halen 2.0 hits, Sammy Hagar was a band member with a California group called Montrose.

Ronnie Montrose began as a session musician with the likes of Van Morrison and the Edgar Winter Group. Ronnie Montrose decided to form his own band in 1973. Enlisting the help of fellow session pros Bill Church (bass), Denny Carmassi (drums), and a talented up-and-coming California singer named Sammy Hagar, Montrose soon released their eponymous first album in November of that year. Although it never broke the Billboard Top 100, Montrose eventually went platinum. Not surprising, later Hagar and Montrose had a falling out and Hagar left the band.

I always like Sammy Hagar. I was so excited when he became the lead singer for Van Halen. But, alas, although good, it was not the Van Halen sound. I learned about the Red Rocker being a part of Montrose a few years ago when he appeared on American Restoration. I can"t find the episode. He seemed like a really great guy.

I found this song. I thought it was appropriate considering the fly by in the sky last night.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I kinda remember seeing that episode of American Restoration too. I tried looking for it and only could come up with this for now.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Another obscure song
Fool, Fool, Fool by Ray Brown and The Whispers in 1965

That reminded me of one of my favorites. I don't think it's been posted, either.

I have 5 grandikds, 4 boys and one girl. I have sang my own version of this one to each one to rock them to sleep. The boys loved it. That little girl though, she wants no part of being rocked to sleep. She is one spitfire, let me tell you!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I kinda remember seeing that episode of American Restoration too. I tried looking for it and only could come up with this for now.

Yeah, it was the rum dispenser or Rumerator for the Tiki Bar.

We would watch that show, and I couldn't help but wish we were closer. I have a 1935 Magic Chef stove that I would love restored, It's in pretty good condition and I absolutely love it! Even if I could get it converted to use outside while we're BBQ-ing so I wouldn't have to run back and forth to the house, would be great. Just not in the cards, I guess. It weighs a ton. Had to relocate it from the old house to the new house with a tractor. So, it sits on the barn porch covered up with a vintage lawn furniture cover over it. pbftttt.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 5 grandikds, 4 boys and one girl. I have sang my own version of this one to each one to rock them to sleep. The boys loved it. That little girl though, she wants no part of being rocked to sleep. She is one spitfire, let me tell you!

==========

Or maybe.............................just a future music critic crying-with-laughter.gif
Sorry ( maybe ) but you walked, ( or stumbled ), into that one. :occasion14:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Hard Times

Bass, (and band leader), Dave Pomeroy; Guitars : Duane Eddy, John Fogerty, Peter Frampton,Vince Gill, Doyle Dykes; Sax: Randy Leago, Denis solee ; Drums : Steve Turner ; Keyboards : Tony Harrell.
This was the finale of the Chet Atkins Musicians Day Festival in Nashville April 5, 2000 at the Ryman Auditorium.

I love it! That is a great sound! Have you ever been to the Ryman? Very cool place. They have tours and displays and history of the place. And you can get your pic taken on stage with props to look like you are singing there. LOL! We did that and tried to tell people that we got to play the Ryman. ahh, they didn't buy it.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

==========

Or maybe.............................just a future music critic View attachment 1760212
Sorry ( maybe ) but you walked, ( or stumbled ), into that one. :occasion14:

LOL! i'm not stumbling.
yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread