WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's one that I don't think we've played yet. Unless Simon did when he was on his run of songs with names.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I vaguely remember the band ending. This one by Gregg Allman I loved. I like the country rock sound.

This is a live version from 2015.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

1956 rockabilly by Sanford Clark.
Keith Richards said this was one of the first songs he learned, playing it in a early band before the Rolling Stones.
It was also covered by the Animals, with Eric Burdon's bluesy vocal take on the lyrics.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

1956 rockabilly by Sanford Clark.
Keith Richards said this was one of the first songs he learned, playing it in a early band before the Rolling Stones.
It was also covered by the Animals, with Eric Burdon's bluesy vocal take on the lyrics.

I came across Sanford Clark a while back. I don’t think I know his songs. I could be proven wrong though.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My heart is heavy wondering what happened to Simon. We had a good rapport going with him, and you, ECS, and I, with others popping in as well. I pray he’s okay and just taking a break.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
She calls me "echo":

Welcome, embrym. Thanks for posting. Boy, you must be a young one, if that’s a “favorite song you were raised on!”
giphy.gif

She’s pretty good and I like the song.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS, what was the first instrument you played?

Mine was an organ. Cheap one I am sure. I took lessons at BHA. The only thing I can remember is the jingle. LOL. They had some sort of gimmick that if you could do a headstand and sing the jingle you would get a free lesson or discount. I was too shy. I wouldn’t do it. Headstand was not a problem. Gymnastics was my thing. Singing in front of someone, oh, heck no!

Don, did you remember hearing that commercial jingle when you were in the area?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Banjo in a folk group. Then a classical nylon string guitar. Dylan and the Beatles were the motivation for going electric and never looking back.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Banjo in a folk group. Then a classical nylon string guitar. Dylan and the Beatles were the motivation for going electric and never looking back.
Oops! I missed your post. So when you play in your local village, you jam with electric guitar? I don’t know why but I pictured a couple guys with regular guitars around a campfire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread