Favorite songs I was raised on

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my favorite Christmas songs and done very nicely by Dean Martin.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You brought back some old but good memories. Years ago I bought tickets to see the Doobie brothers at maple leaf gardens in Toronto. The warm up band that came on stage first was Lynyrd Skynyrd. They got everyone warmed up alright. By the time the Debbie Brothers came on half of the stadium was empty. I think the long version of free bird was enough to wear everyone out. Boy do I ever feel old now. Thanks. Lol.

I can remember going to an Aerosmith concert that was opened with Guns-N-Roses. Half the crowd was passed out before Aerosmith started. I thought, "What a waste of money!" The whole experience turned me off of GNR.

FWIW: You don't look old. LOL.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, Simon1! Believe it or not, I remebered everyone of those songs! What a precious memory you have with your wife! :love3:
The surprise for me in your series is that Conway Twitty sang "Its Only make Believe." I only remembered him as a C & W singer.
"Silver Bells" is one of my favorites, also. (But let's not rush it. LOL)

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, Don!

Is there even anything close to the crooners and swooners of that era? I don't think so.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Back in the day......if you couldn't adequately express your feelings to your date, you could ask him or her to listen to the words of those 'oldies' and say this is the way I feel about you. Regretfully, fat chance of that happening today.
Don.......

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the day......if you couldn't adequately express your feelings to your date, you could ask him or her to listen to the words of those 'oldies' and say this is the way I feel about you. Regretfully, fat chance of that happening today.
Don.......

Well I can definitely see how that technique would have worked.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Don.......
============
Spoken like a true gentleman Don. :notworthy:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So? Are you all saying this would be a bad love song? :laughing7:

I saw it the other night while playing on youtube looking at some weird music video's, read this thread and had to throw it in the conversation for a joke/laugh. I appreciate all types of music, but this is horrible....:laughing7:

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Another hint Wrightdigger:

This was a band from my area, ( The Midwest ). That narrowed your search down to 12 states.

Midwest.jpg cat with popcorn.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So? Are you all saying this would be a bad love song? :laughing7:

I saw it the other night while playing on youtube looking at some weird music video's, read this thread and had to throw it in the conversation for a joke/laugh. I appreciate all types of music, but this is horrible....:laughing7:

Nitric, Argh! That be awful!!! :laughing9:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That would be understandable. Free pass allowed. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread