WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha. I'm too linguistically challenged. I had to look up the lyrics to both songs and I'm still not sure what either one of them were really singing about. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL same here I'm going to say The Rastas "Kouchie" Is Ganja :laughing7:

The Kids "Dutchie" Food

:dontknow:

But can't for the Life of me figure out the Court Case.
unless they stole food

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from Wikipedia but it's also what I learned several years ago- The song was the band's first release on a major label. It was a cover version of two songs: "Gimme the Music" by*U Brown, and "Pass the Kouchie" by*Mighty Diamonds, which deals with the recreational use of*cannabis*(kouchie*being slang for a cannabis pipe).[1]*For the cover version, the song's title was*bowdlerised*to "Pass the Dutchie", the new word being a*patois*term for a*cooking pot.[2]*All obvious drug references were removed from the lyrics; e.g., when the original croons "How does it feel when you got no herb?", the cover version refers to "food" instead. "Dutchie" has since become a drug reference, denoting a*blunt*stuffed with marijuana and rolled in a wrapper from a*Dutch Masters*cigar, since American and British listeners assumed that the term was a drug reference.[citation needed]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread