Janis Joplin

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like most of her music, her passion is incredible.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never cared for her myself

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Never cared for her myself

I like some of her album cuts. I saw her live in Golden Gate Park in '68 - she was too drunk and drugged to barely stand up, let alone perform. Her spirit was strong, but the girl's problems were too much. I like the blues as much as the next guy, but hers were way too blue for my taste.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I watched a documentary on JJ once. She was truly and sadly an outcast from her hometown. In the documentary, she was talking about how kids shunned her in her high school because she was deemed as being different from most. In the documentary a film crew was going to one of her high school reunions. The person interviewing her asked if she was excited about going to her class reunion. "On yeah, I'm excited" she said self assuredly now that she was a name most recognized. To her dismay when she arrived to the reunion, while most knew who she was, they turned a cold shoulder to her. Janis was outwardly upset. " My God, she exclaimed, nothing has changed. She went to the reunion thinking she would now be accepted and respected among her peers, but she was still shunned. Sad. I guess the lesson to this is that money and fame is not always the answer to being accepted.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I meant to add, one of my favorite Janis Joplin songs was Hold On. While she was not my favorite artist during the time, she had a style all her own which made her unique. I didn't care for the boozing and drugs. That lifestyle is what took her out in the end like so many others.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant to add, one of my favorite Janis Joplin songs was Hold On. While she was not my favorite artist during the time, she had a style all her own which made her unique. I didn't care for the boozing and drugs. That lifestyle is what took her out in the end like so many others.

I Think you mean Piece of My Heart actually . & Yes I Forgot about that one

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes I did. Another Senior Moment. Doh! Lol

OP
OP