does anybody here play?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• band pics3.jpg
    band pics3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 154

dave in iowa

Jan 29, 2008
iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Track, Minelab S.E. , and a Whites Prizm 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi the band looks great , ive been playing for 43 years now , same band for 36 years , we're not hard rock, we play a variety and originals , you can go to youtube.com and search the mississippi band and thats us , 2 songs , the 1st one is one i wrote and sing , counrty type song , great pedal steel, the 2nd is a traditional tune called days of 49 , im the one playing the black les paul custom , hope you enjoy the music .

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool, i envy you i wish i could get with a band that could stay together that long.i been in numerous bands,always something ,the hardest thing in the world to do is keep a band together.i 'm trying to start a new one now .the band in that pic.has been over with for a while (2 members died)i have had several since then but can't get the right ones together.I like rock,southern rock,alt.,new,almost anything esp. classic.iv'e been playing about 32-33-yrs. almost got signed twice.maybe next time .i wish i could do it for a living,i got laid off,it would be nice to play full time.my dad told me before he passed,,,,find something you love to do and find a way to get paid for it.it's the best advice he ever gave me.

dave in iowa

Jan 29, 2008
iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Track, Minelab S.E. , and a Whites Prizm 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strickman said:
cool, i envy you i wish i could get with a band that could stay together that long.i been in numerous bands,always something ,the hardest thing in the world to do is keep a band together.i 'm trying to start a new one now .the band in that pic.has been over with for a while (2 members died)i have had several since then but can't get the right ones together.I like rock,southern rock,alt.,new,almost anything esp. classic.iv'e been playing about 32-33-yrs. almost got signed twice.maybe next time .i wish i could do it for a living,i got laid off,it would be nice to play full time.my dad told me before he passed,,,,find something you love to do and find a way to get paid for it.it's the best advice he ever gave me.
Sorry to hear about the deaths , we've been through a number of dummers threw the years , the bass palyer myself and the steel player have played together now for 30 some years . we do ok , i have 2 cd's now , have made 4 and an old album in 1981 , check out the youtube thing and let me know what you think , great to hear from you .

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey dave i checked out your vid. ---cool,i hope ya'll go far. 8) maybe la. will make it thier state song,lets see-pay=promotions=endorsments=tours=fortune&fame=wait a minute......fortune! that will work thats why we ara all here! :D ;)

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave I love "Days of 49". Cool song! Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions