jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like his First album "Bat out of Hell" But Hate Everything else he did.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i can see why people like him, but i just cant handle it.lol!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I liked his song..."Two out of three ain't bad."

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, Jack Black from Tenacious D reminds me SOOOO much of Meatloaf!!!

Tenacious D - Tribute
http://tinyurl.com/5ysc3f

Here's a snippit from their movie, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny (have you just give the link, because it's really bad lyrically, and the movie is pretty blasphemous... but Meatloaf is the dad in the video, and Dio is in it too)
Again, don't click the link if the foul language will bother you.
http://tinyurl.com/4k73dh

Bran <><

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Digginman said:
Or, people won't admit that they like him. Meat Loaf. (I think his music is amazing, myself).

[youtube=425,350]j0ns8t9iQck[/youtube]

DM

I'll admit it..I like him...a very powerful voice...a little bit of trivia..for those that don't know..the man doing the "play by play" broadcast in this song was Phil Rizzuto, the late, great NY Yankee broadcaster...after it became a hit, he took some heat from the religious community and claimed he had no idea what his recording was to be used for...Meatloaf later said Rizzuto was fully aware of of his role in the song...but understood his denial under the circumstances...

Thanks for the post DM....and yeah..I listened to the whole thing..

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
As far as voices go Meat Loaf had one of the best, but I could say that most of those songs were written with is voice in mind. I do not believe he could have sung songs with the range that Freddy Mercury had. Meat Loaf came out at the right time....we were all getting tired of disco..... :BangHead: :BangHead: which I never did like. and ready for a change. That is what we got with him. I thought the "Bat out of Hell' record was one of the best produced records ever....my two cents !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread