Dry sand beach hunt

langsy

Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this Mx Sport a month ago , took it to the beach for four different hunts , this is my thought compared to at pro. I find more coins with the Mx Sport and deeper to , coins that are corroded would show up as iron on the atp but on the Mxs showed as coins so I found more with the mxs , and I don’t have a lot of chatter with the sport compared to atp . I like that . I ve only hunted 3 times with it so no rings YET . It is a little heavier than the atp but my arm get used to it, I’m happy with it

Drew32215

Mar 5, 2016
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6 w/ 9.5” concentric coil, and eclipse 6x10 dd coil. Whites bullseye 140mm pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t think AT Pro was ever designed for salt water beach. A long time ago I’d seen a YouTube video about ground balancing AT Pro on beach sand to quiet down the chatter, but I’ve read other sources that it doesn’t work as advertised, but Whites has several good mid range machines that are designed for wet beach.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Single frequency machines generally don't make for good salt beach machines, but the MX Sport does about the best job one can do. It uses an expanded ground balance to kind simulate how a multifrequency machine balances conductive salt. Where it really shines in inland and dry sand like you're speaking of. It's a fast and deep machine. The AT Series really doesn't measure up to it, particularly in iron, tracking and recovery. The Max closed the depth gap a bit, but that's about all.

Last edited:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
☠ Cipher;5705628 said:
Single frequency machines generally don't make for good salt beach machines, but the MX Sport does about the best job one can do. It uses an expanded ground balance to kind simulate how a multifrequency machine balances conductive salt. Where it really shines in inland and dry sand like you're speaking of. It's a fast and deep machine. The AT Series really doesn't measure up to it, particularly in iron, tracking and recovery. The Max closed the depth gap a bit, but that's about all.

Agreed:icon_thumright:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My digging partner has a lot of chatter with his AT Pro on the beach. The Deus does not have that problem, neither do my Tesoros.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rodco, I'll tell my friend with the AT that information. Thanks.

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love those white's machines. Have both, but I'd rather swing the white's on land. I use my AT Max for water hunting mostly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread