The bottlecap syndrome on the MX Sport

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In the short time I have been the owner of this unit I have discovered the undeserved and unwanted way this unit operates when the dreaded bottle caps come into play and in the picture. I feel that somehow Whites should have given this unit like on the V3i a scale from 1 through 20 so you could kill the cap signal away and I mean block it out. But I guess the MX line of units and correct me if I am wrong don't have the so called system a Spectra unit uses. If this is so my struggle will continue every time I hit a contaminated beach especially around palm trees. If the metal of bottlecaps would pay good to store them and sell them as recycling I really would not worry to hoard them. The question is... Is it hopeless for this unwanted trash item? Is there no trick to block them out especially the rusty ones?:BangHead: Thanks on your feedback "LP"

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used the Deus and Equinox with bottle caps. Sometimes there is aluminum foil lining the cap, so it's just best to dig them, doesn't matter too much which machine you have. I have had gold ring up in the same range, so...don't want to miss the gold. One gold ring rang up like a cap, another like junk foil.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use iron volume.

I typically run iron vol around 40 (percent of volume on discriminated targets).

Then swing the coil as you back it away from the potential target.

As the coil edge leaves the potential target, you will get an iron grunt if the potential target is a bottle cap.

Coins still sound good as the coil leaves the target.

Google a video (by Whites) regarding bottle caps and the MXS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread