Wreath Buckle, another of my best finds.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• Wreath buckle, from Texas Militia days..jpg
    Wreath buckle, from Texas Militia days..jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 925
  • Wreath buckle, from Texas Militia days..jpg
    Wreath buckle, from Texas Militia days..jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 895
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From what I researched, and found it dates back to the 1840's time of the Texas Militia.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One HECK of a find. You know, it's hard to get replies this time of year. Once harvest starts, this place is Jumpin'! But I have to make sure I reply to such a great find as this one. Fantastic. Now, if you could just find someone to sell ya the tongue part...

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Buckle !! Thanks for showing it!

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I found a similiar wreath last year..... about 2 inches down around a house that was built in 1890... mine is half of a confederate sword buckle...... man we both need to find someone who has a tongue to sell us for our buckles.. mine would go for round 3000 if I could find the other half..............

Congrats on the cool find my friend!

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm still looking for that tongue. I know it should be in that same area. I look nearly everyday. Thats how I found the Navy Button while looking for the tongue. maybe one day I will find it. I've seen one in a lot worst shape than mine with the tongue in it for 4000.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
good luck on finding that tongue... heck I have hunted and hunted the yard that I found mine in.. it was a small yard.... no luck.. may never find it... might not even be there.... i thought about trying to find a tongue on ebay or something...

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have about a five acre field to look over. I'm hitting the area the buckle was found right now. It sure would be nice to find it.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
That IS a good looking buckle. Is it made of brass? and what did you clean it with? I have a brass item to clean
and I don't want to mess it up. What ever you used it turned out really nice.

Ray

S

seger98

It's a beauty for sure, thanks for posting it again so I could get a gander at it!

Chris

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!Nice wreath.It looks to be cast brass.I have only seen the stamped brass star.I know of several cast buckles that have the "leaf design,but not of the star variety.These are all partials but the Star buckle is similar to yours although it is stamped brass

Attachments

• star.jpg
    star.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 521
OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This buckle came out of the ground just like you see it. The only cleaning it got was a little soap, and water with a tooth brush. When the dirt was removed It really surprised me to see what condition it was in.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet buckle!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to tell ya this but,I have dug a few Tongue and Wreaths and the Wreaths are found more than the tongues.Your guess is as good as mine as to why.I have several sites I repeatedly hit and have for years trying to locate the other half with no luck!.I found the center disc portion of the stamped brass "Star",buckle last weekend........didnt find any of the other three parts.Good luck to you!!

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This buckle was found right out in the middle of an open field. No brush, or trees. Its anybody's guess where the other piece could be. I still look that field over just wishing I could walk up on it. The mystery is exciting though. Proud to hear of all your finds. Good luck, and thanks for viewing, and sharing.
Maybe some day when we get a museum for out area I will LOAN them to it for everyone to see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread