More of my best CW relics

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
Ok it's been awhile since I showed off my better finds from years past. I've finally run out of buttons to show off so here are some of my Plates, Cape pins, hat pins and bullets. I'll repost the display then close ups of the individual items.

I'll have enough pics left to make 3 more posts. Enjoy

The Display
DSCN3404.JPG
The first plate I ever found
DSCN3405.JPG
.69 caliber Carcano - found at Chancellorsville
DSCN3406.JPG
My second plate
DSCN3407.JPG
Fused .69 Buck and Ball musket round. recovered from the Confederate ammo dump in Centerville,VA. This came, AS IS, from the mud of a pond that was being drained for construction
DSCN3409.JPG
The best looking breast plate I ever found
DSCN3410.JPG
US Calvery Bit Boss
DSCN3411.JPG
Kepi unit numbers
DSCN3413.JPG
If memory serves this is a 3rd Corps cape pin. found in a hut site at the Walnut Grove
DSCN3414.JPG
Not sure if this is CW but was found on the Stage Coach road where there was a Confederate Artillary camp in Stafford VA. This may actually be from Quantico Marine Corps Base whose property line is less than a mile away.
DSCN3415.JPG
US Rosette
DSCN3416.JPG
My first Box plate found at the Walnut grove
DSCN3417.JPG

Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy what a nice collection. I have a horse bit with the US roset on the side of it. One side it is missing. I've been wishing that one day I could find one while digging. No luck yet. I really like your finds Thanks for sharing.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These finds are All Incredible.

Nice to see another photo of the Cape Pin in your avatar. :)

The buck and ball that is fused together with muck is really a special find. Did you coat it with anything to keep it together?

Regards,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
BuckleBoy said:
These finds are All Incredible.

Nice to see another photo of the Cape Pin in your avatar. :)

The buck and ball that is fused together with muck is really a special find. Did you coat it with anything to keep it together?

Regards,

Buckleboy

Buckle Boy - I hope to have the avatar Cape pin and another posted soon after I finish with this. As far as the Buck and Ball round - Short of a light dry brushing it is as found. I thought about coating it to preserve it but an old timer advised against it for two reasons. He said first who would believe that it came out of the ground that way if I did anything to preserve it. Second in his experience the, paper-powder-mud-and water make some of the best glue.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the old timer was right--I hadn't thought of that. Well obviously the relic has survived intact so far, so that's a great sign.

I look forward to reading your next post.

-BB

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking relics! Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread