Cape Pins, Buckles, and Bullets - final shots of my better finds

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
OK I'll finish off my Best CW relics in this thread. For you Buckle Boy here is The George McClellan Cape Pin that I use for my Avatar and a profile shot. This was recovered from a Winter Hut site in Stafford, VA in the Union Camp known as the Walnut Grove.
DSCN3421.JPG

DSCN3420.JPG
This one identified in Howard Crouches relic book is of an unknown General. Personally, I think it looks a like Benjamin Butler with a goatee and a little more hair. This one was also found in the Walnut Grove
DSCN3418.JPG
Riflemans buckle (unmarked) - recovered from what is now known as salem Fields in Spotsylvania, VA
DSCN3419.JPG
US Buckle (puppy paw keepers) - Smith Farm, Smith Station Rd, Spotsy, VA
DSCN3422.JPG
US rosette -
DSCN3423.JPG
Kepi Bugle - It was folded several times when found. Got it open with out breaking it
DSCN3424.JPG
Rhode Island Pendant - not sure if it's CW but was found at the site of Lee's blocking maneuvers on Catharpin road
DSCN3425.JPG
Spencer Cartridge - Both pieces found in same hole - reassembled for display
DSCN3426.JPG
Another Bit Boss
DSCN3427.JPG
Beauty of a Breast Plate
DSCN3428.JPG
.73 Cal ??? (much bigger than a .69 - unknown Confederate Variant - I say Confederate because it was found A Moss Neck which was the Winter HQ's of Stonewall Jackson following the first battle of Fredericksburg, VA
DSCN3429.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
Final installment of CW Relic pics found over the years

OK I could not get them all in the first post - here are the rest

an Entwined USA Rosette - Possibly Revolutionary or 1812??
DSCN3430.JPG
.69 Cal Austrian - Carved
DSCN3431.JPG
Another Breast Plate
DSCN3432.JPG
Specticals
DSCN3029.JPG

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, incredible finds! I love those cape fastener pieces. Nice .69 Austrian too, I was lucky enough to find three pristine ones together in the woods one summer, they are hard to come by in any condition. I think I posted them on the relic forum a year or so ago.

Steve

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
I have hunted the Walnut Grove area in the 1980's and 90's ...ONe of my favorite areas to hunt ....found a lot of nice relics in that area

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i just love buckles. Those are great m8... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions