nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey,I thought i would share alittle story about my home and a couple things i found out in my yard.

My 6 bedroom home was built pre Civil War and had alttle over 600 acres with it's original farm.There has been alot of activity surrounding my place including an officers quarters right down the road.I haven't even got serious around here yet.I had been working out of State alot and just haven't had the time,but now I am finally working back locally and one thing i have been waiting for, is to get out and do some digging.
So,I go out to the side of the house and try my luck and don't find much ,until i get the signal on this bullit not very far from my smoke house.I looked some more but don't do any good, so i head to the front lawn and I dig several wheaties,a couple IH's and right off the front porch ,where i actually have dug quite abit before out pops this larger looking coin ,but thinner than a nickel.I get to rubbing the dirt off and i see a face that i am not familar with,so i take a break and get it under some warm water and it reads on the front: Henry Clay
the farmer of Ashland
born April 12,1777

reverse side: The Noble
&
Patriotic Supporter of the peoples rights.

I am guessing this is a political token,but i really don't know how old it is?
any ideas on what caliber of the bullet?

I call these some of my best finds,because they are from right here out of my yard and covers alot of our history With Henry Clay and the Civil War.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0176.jpg
    100_0176.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread