Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more. The one pic is an 1834 5 C piece. The tootsie toys I found in 1992 in Tukwila, Wa at my childhood home in the 60's, early 70's. My brother and I were not too careful with our cars I guess. They were all about 2" deep and I can still recall playing with them! The B key is the beginning letter of our last name, so Dad must have lost it. The 50C pieces were in the same hole. When I detected the home, it was sadly all boarded up and is now gone. My Dad is also passed away. Detecting my childhood home was probably the greatest detecting experience of my life. Finding items my family and I lost as a boy.

Attachments

• Metal detecting finds 018.JPG
    Metal detecting finds 018.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 580
  • Metal detecting finds 019.JPG
    Metal detecting finds 019.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 587
  • Metal detecting finds 023.JPG
    Metal detecting finds 023.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 588
  • Metal detecting finds 026.JPG
    Metal detecting finds 026.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 597
  • Metal detecting finds 027.JPG
    Metal detecting finds 027.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Well Mr. Muddy, those are indeed some nice finds, I really like the bottles. Anyone of those bottles ya like the best? Post a pic of it! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Well Mr. Muddy, those are indeed some nice finds, I really like the bottles. Anyone of those bottles ya like the best? Post a pic of it! :thumbsup:

I think the best was an embossed, amber, Goldsboro Pepsi bottle that I sold on Ebay. It went for $308. I was shocked. It even had a small ping mark on the bottom, kind of like a chip. I was later told that if the bottle did not have that ping, it would have been a $1500 bottle. Man, I wish the people who pooped in that hole years ago drank a few more of those and threw them down the hole. One more interesting story was a Coca Cola bottle that I found in a privy that I dug. It sold for $18.50.......the buyers address was Beverly Hills, 90210. I had to chuckle that this lowly Coke bottle went from being at the bottom of an old outhouse pit to being displayed, perhaps in a mansion, in Beverly Hills. Good stuff. I will have to get a pic posted sometime if I can find one of it. Take care.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Nice bottle collection. Looks like a used car lot :D

Ya, a bunch of cars I drove when I was about 8 or 9!! I'm 45 now.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds. You got a nice collection of Tootsie Toys. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
camb1 said:
Great Finds. You got a nice collection of Tootsie Toys. :thumbsup:

thank you, the cool thing is that my brother and I lost them when we were kids back in the 60's, early 70's, at our old home in Seattle that was all boarded up. Awesome hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread