6000di pro sl and xlt
Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum.

You will discover that we all want photos of your finds, and it is great if you could put what area of the country you are in over on your icon side.

You only have several thousand more posts to go until you win the prize!

Good luck with the hunts!

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always surprised at the number of Chinese coins (with square hole) that are found in the USA. I guess that was from all the Chinese immigrants who came to work in the USA.....

OP
OP
rocko dogg

rocko dogg

Dec 22, 2008
marion nc
Detector(s) used
6000di pro sl and xlt
wife got a new dig. camera will post some pics soon ive got a SLQ that is mint i will post too

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rocko dogg said:
wife got a new dig. camera will post some pics soon ive got a SLQ that is mint i will post too

Forgot to welcome you to the TNet Rocko, Welcome here...

BTW what is a SLQ?

Tried to look it up and came across these:

SLQ Stochastic Linear Quadratic
SLQ Stock Level Quantities
SLQ Super Letter Quality

But I really don't think its one of these.

Maybe Sleepy Lazy Quiet? ;D Just kidding (we do a lot of that here also).

Have a nice Xmas.....

OP
OP
rocko dogg

rocko dogg

Dec 22, 2008
marion nc
Detector(s) used
6000di pro sl and xlt
woody the SLQ is a standing liberty i found in of all places a funeral home yard its a 1930 and not a blemish on it the coin was 5 in. on edge beside the side walk

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rocko dogg said:
woody the SLQ is a standing liberty i found in of all places a funeral home yard its a 1930 and not a blemish on it the coin was 5 in. on edge beside the side walk
Thanks learn something every day! Great place to find it, and great find! Sometime you drop them and just cannot find them again, mostly because they wind up just like that coin, standing on edge. What is the chance of that happening?

I have found 3 gold coins that way here in Holland. When a old house is removed to make way for a new one here (old houses can be back to the 12th century) I always try to get there and detect before the foundation is removed. I have found these three gold coins standing on edge in different houses between the remains of the outer wall and the inside floor. Seems like the coins fall, roll away and drop into the crack between the outer wall and floor. I would guess that the person who lost the coin looked everyplace and was pretty mad when he or she did not find it again, they said "Where can it be, I heard it roll but can't find it". Later houses were built better and the crack disappeared.

So that is the first place(s) that I search in such a situation!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to T-Net.. Goody, goody, goody, another convert :thumbsup: I figure that when coins are lost on a sidewalk, that they either get swept with a broom or shoveled with the snow off to the edge of the walk....NGE

OP
OP
rocko dogg

rocko dogg

Dec 22, 2008
marion nc
Detector(s) used
6000di pro sl and xlt
sidewalks are one of my best places to hunt about 5 yrs ago the replaced about 80% of the sidewalks in our town some of the best finds i can remember are 1882 dime 1900 dime 1906 nickel and several other silver dime loads of wheats

R

rammjäger

woody50 said:
I'm always surprised at the number of Chinese coins (with square hole) that are found in the USA. I guess that was from all the Chinese immigrants who came to work in the USA.....

Well,
that's for sure.But sometimes it happens,you find unexpected dug coins
from overseas. For instance,someone found at his backyard in Uruguay /
South America one of these old chinese coins .
But there was no chinese inmigration to our land in the past !

OP
OP
rocko dogg

rocko dogg

Dec 22, 2008
marion nc
Detector(s) used
6000di pro sl and xlt
thanks allen update hunted the other yard across the road from where i found the silver quarters how can i describe it one word "bombed" a couple of old locks and some new stuff o well ive got another one to hunt next week we are in the process of getting the pics up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread