Some Of My Better Relic Finds From 2008

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
RELICS2-1.jpg

I am mostly a coin hunter, but do occasionally go for relic hunts after the ground is frozen, but the woods are still places where the digger can penetrate into the ground with minimal force. Hence, most of the finds above were found in the spring or fall. These were found using my GTI 2500 or Master Hunter CX Plus.

FISHINGGEAR2.jpg

Here are some of my fresh water finds. They go back to the 40's on up. Somewhere in my boxes downstairs sit more of these. One of these days I am going to get them all together and mount them in a display box. A lot of these fishing items are quite collectible, and fetch a nice price on E-Bay should one ever want to sell them.

Below are some of my ammo finds.​

Attachments

• BULLETS (2).jpg
    BULLETS (2).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 441
Upvote 0
Nice haul John. I was in Edmonton a month ago for a week and even though there was snow, I still stared at those steep banks of the mighty Saskatchewan River thinking there must be treasure there! If you get a double of that 1925 Dog Tax, Ya wanna trade for a Winnipeg one? Keep up the good work and good luck for 2009.
Dave.

tigerbeetle

Jan 2, 2009
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Many -- Fisher, White's, Minelab, Cobra, others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those fishing items are hugely collectible. Nice clean up on those. Also, keep a close eye for duck decoy lead weights and related lead patch weights. Those decoy items are almost always in the same area as fishing relics. Even if they don't hunt those areas any more, back in the day ...

The dog tag is another hugely popular keeper. I've sold them for over $50 -- always to folks from the town where the tag was issued.

Hope your finds for this year dwarf your fine takes from last.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread