MGM Movie Token

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Here are some close ups of my Marie Dressler Token. It is from the MGM movie "Tug Boat Annie". The movie opened in Seattle in 1933. The token was handed out on the opening night of the movie I am told by some collectors. Other tokens came later but were always sponsored by someone and had their name on the bottom of the reverse of the token. I would appreciate any help from those more knowledgeable than I on this. The really cool thing about this token is that I found it at the ruins of a? Resort that was frequented by Marie herself numerous times. MGM also staged several movies out of the location. I like the connection? ;D

Upvote 0
Nice find Rich!
I have found 4 different ones myself. The first one was Clark Gable and the others I have to look for because I can't remember their names (there not names I reconized as famous, although I'm only 31 years old)
I hope yours is a rare one!
Dave.

Rich,
My collection is in several boxes and bins, and I could only find one kicking around.
It is exactly like yours, except a bust of a man, with the name "Richard Dix" and on the reverse, positioned exactly like yours it reads: R.K.O. STAR IN "ACE OF ACES".
I'll keep looking for the others, and I thought one of them had MGM STARS written, but I'm not sure.
I'll keep you posted.
Dave.

N

NorthernCollector

I collect photos, postcards, and other bits and pieces related to actors, actresses and directors born in Canada. I have recently been offered a Marie Dressler token and would like to know what a "fair market price" might be.

Can you help me?

OP
OP
Rich in Texas

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Sorry but I have no idea on the value. I have never sold anything that I have found so I rarely look for values. I would be interested in any additional info on these tokens myself. Good luck with your possible purchase.

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread