Has anyone ever found a solid gold bar? That is not afraid to tell...

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
I hear all these stories and see these detecting companies show off what somebody found was a box of gold bars by using their detector. Does such stories exist, will anyone come forward with pictures. Going to Fort Knox and stealing a bar is different than that of recovering one buried or that off the ocean floor perhaps.

I await many pictures, and fewer reponses!

Upvote 0

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt that anyone would tell considering how greedy our government is ,I mean come on look at the way they are trying to outlaw metal detecting ,and not to mention what was it the cortess find where that guy found those gold bars and tried to file a claim and the us government took the gold placed it in a vault until his claim was done and promised to give it to him then they sold it and he did even get a dime . Our government is so corrupt you would have to be insane to announce a find like that ,just melt it down into 5 oz bars and sell it little by little ..

Me personally ive found sites that would make the historical society jump for joy to have put down as historical land for the government but I wouldnt give them the satisfaction ,like the program I watched the other day on discovery and how archiologist where saying if one coin was removed from a site that then it ruins the whole site becuase that might be the one thing that positively dates the site and thats there reason for outlawing relic hunters ,come on if that is the case then why was all the money spent on scientist to make carbon dating reality .

But this is just my opinion ! .

K

Kentucky Kache

You probably have a better chance at finding one than stealing one from Fort Knox. 8)

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache Crazy said:
You probably have a better chance at finding one than stealing one from Fort Knox. 8)
P R O B A B L Y ?????????
I doubt if anyone will get in to Fort Knox that does not have Business there....LOL
............................The question would be..........if anyone would be able to keep a find or cache of Gold or Silver bars secret ???...............All the luck in the world trying to keep that a secret.....But if you can...........
...........Then GOD Bless ,and More Power 2 you..............................

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they find them everywhere in the Phillipines - or so I've read ::) ;D ::)

Tonys18

Sep 6, 2009
Hamilton
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign.
I wouldn't mind finding a gold bar one day! Have more chance of being hit by a space rock then finding one(actully I have more chance of digging up a full plane in my aircraft dump ;D). But speaking of gold bars, I believe that's how the road Mystery creek was named as a horse and carrage carrying gold coins or gold bricks in the 1850's was robbed in the gully area and all the gold well....... you know, anyway according to what I heard there were 3 people that robbed the carrage and about a week or so after someone found 2 dead body's (maybe greed got the best of em). Anyway maybe the other person dumped some of the gold under a tree and came back to it, I mean you cant carry it all. The problem is the search area is from Mystery creek to the town of Te-Awamutu (I'm so sorry if I mispelt it), I believe there was one or 3 persons that owned all that area between in those days, but still its just a story, who knows it might be ture............ maybe not. Maybe some one can put some light on that. Anyway time to dig up the back yard again! :wink:

Hope to hear some info on this!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a guy up here who found a hundred 20 dollar gold pieces. He says the first one was the hardest thing in the world to find, but the other 99 came pretty easy. I've personally seen some small silver bars that were found in Oklahoma years ago. I guess the only way I'll find something like that is to buy it and then go bury it myself, but I keep on lookin.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I know a guy up here who found a hundred 20 dollar gold pieces. He says the first one was the hardest thing in the world to find, but the other 99 came pretty easy. I've personally seen some small silver bars that were found in Oklahoma years ago. I guess the only way I'll find something like that is to buy it and then go bury it myself, but I keep on lookin.

I like your thinking about burying it yourself. I just hope that I am looking over your shoulder when you do it :laughing9:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we have some politicians amongst us??? :laughing7:

DPenhead

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2009
Mocksville, NC
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
To the guy farther up the thread, about archaeologists -

Historical groups, DNR, State Archaeologists, College archaeologists, etc. are all different in how they do things (even from state to state and county to county) You shouldn't just lump all of us into one big pot where everyone thinks the same and is looking for some way to screw you. I personally consider that rude. I've met archaeologists that I couldn't stand. Self-serving jerks. BUT, the majority of us aren't like that. I LOVE looking for treasures of all kinds. Gives me goose bumps every time I find something. My favorite is exploring previously unknown sites, but honestly, couldn't care less what someone else has found and removed before I got there, except to see what they found and hear them tell me the story of their discovery. Now, I do need to say that every single thing removed from the site without in depth study is history that has been permanently lost for all time. It's just a truth of things. That means all of our children and grandchildren could possibly be lied to in history class forever because of something you yourself, or me, may have done to alter what we know about civilization. We're all guilty of that in some fashion. 'Excavating' a site by archaeologists is 'destroying' a site, by it's own definition. Think about all of the runestones and crazy artifacts found by arrowhead hunters in the US that point to Vikings, or Egyptians, or the Japanese being here WAY before Columbus. You have to admit, it would be nice if just ONE of all of those types of sites had actually been excavated under some form of controlled dig, instead of looted for money. Most times the collection comes to light after that guy is DEAD (where the knowledge and location of the finds just die with them). After we're gone, it's not going to matter what we have in a showcase in our living room...right? Our stuff won't ever be used to fix the lies we have ALL been told about where we come from, and why. That's all I think of after I've found something totally awesome, 'Oh Crap, I just altered history.' Almost all archaeologists think this in the back of their own heads while they're digging something cool up.

You know, we're not as different as you think. Try to get to know a few of us before just assuming we're part of some super-enviro-wacko group looking to loot the world all to ourselves...and not include you. I love metal detecting when I'm off work, and prospecting. I have several friends that do both and aren't scientists at all. All of us are experts in some way, so I'm sure that we can all learn something from each other. It seems the only reason we don't dig together all the time is just POLITICS. True? We should get rid of that.

Dave

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look at it this way it took me 8 months to save up enough money to get my metal detector should i find a huge horde of treasure buried 200 years ago so be it , not that i was intentionally looking for it ? :thumbsup: its estimated that since the US Government started minting coins that over 8 Billion coins have been lost to Mother Earth DIG DIG DIG !!

Attachments

• Silver Dollars.jpg
    Silver Dollars.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 979

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread