MY TOTAL 3 RINGERS ,105 FROM THE SAME SPOT

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had found a location which i beleive to be a CW camp in culpeper,Va and total for the year of 2008 is 105 three ringers from this place , and in all honesty I beleive there is more ...but havent been back over there this year ,but plan on it soon ..

Attachments

• MyPicture300000000.jpg
    MyPicture300000000.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,140
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of 3 ringers. I would like to find some of those. But I have not heard of anyplace around here to CW detect. I am in the Northwest corner of OH...Matt

jpitt1970

Jan 5, 2009
Huntsville. Al
mlayers said:
Nice collection of 3 ringers. I would like to find some of those. But I have not heard of anyplace around here to CW detect. I am in the Northwest corner of OH...Matt

Try Johnsons Island....been there dug that & got a few bullets...hard to get to because of the houses...the old cw prison is there...National Geographic did a dig there years ago & they missed alot of stuff

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one heck of a lot of drops! They must have set up a bullet making site there and had to go off and leave it unexpectedly. Any idea of a battle near there? Monty

jpitt1970

Jan 5, 2009
Huntsville. Al
The very 1st day I got my metal detector, Christmas day 1985, I found 120 3 ringers & a sword scabbard hilt & tip & 4 percussion caps all in my parent's front yard......My neighbor's house was used during both battles of Bull Run as a field hospital & shown on all of the old battle maps of the area....it also shows where the New York troops were stationed in our yard for 72 hrs during a rain storm...over the years we have dug several hundred bullets & buttons in one small area...Anytime I make the trip up, I can go md & find more too.Ground action brings the deeper ones up year after year.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That explains a lot. A 72 hour lay over isn't much time to put things in order when a battle is brewing. You are very lucky to have such a site. Many of us woud give our left...... uh...,leg to have a site like that. Thanks for sharing. Monty

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds and there are probably a ton more of those 3 ringers there. Remember that Culpeper changed hands either 26, or 27 times during the CW, so it saw plenty of action.

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
Nice job, Culpepper is full of campsites from both sides, when I lived in the area Culpepper was my favorite location to dig.

3 ringers are union, check the base for a 'star', means they were made from the old star armoury in Wash DC, supplied army of the Potomac.

floodcity kid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions