Feb 7, 2009
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello,

In fall of 1995 I changed the machine;from Whites Coinmaster 3000D to a Fisher CZ6a.So I went out to a WW2 stite first,in order to practise with the new MD.After picking up some uniform-and tent shelter-buttons,I dug five great silvercoins by one stitch of spade:
2 coins:5 German Mark (3.5cm in diameter)
2 coins:3 German Mark (3cm in diameter)
1 coin: 1 German Mark (2.2cm in diameter),Friedrich August II.King of Saxonia,1854 remember-coin

The four big ones are remember-coins too. 1000th anniversary of the 'Rheinland'. :icon_jokercolor:
So first day relic hunting with a new machine gets unforgetable,when I drink my coffee looking at these coins in my showcase. :)

Attachments

• Silbermünzen.JPG
    Silbermünzen.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,419
Upvote 0

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures. Way to go!

oldhippiecoinhntr

Nov 25, 2007
HI, very nice coins! I wonder if you could advise me. I was born in Berlin and moved to states when I was 3 in early 50's. My grandparents died there, and relatives still there, I have no contact with. My Grandfather years ago sent me a large silver coin I think was a silver mark or? Cannot remember for sure. I was stolen by someone. Is it possible to buy older german silver coins of this type, and where would one look to buy one/some? Thanks for your help. Can you reply in a message?

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting from a foreign country. I, too, live not in the U.S., but reside in S. Korea. I haven't found as many silver coins in
10 years of hunting as you did in just a one turn of the dirt. But, we do find other things. I hope to post in the future, as I can afford
a camera that will do the job.

Keep posting.....incredibly interesting.

(By the way, where are you in Germany? I was stationed in Baumholder, in the late 60's. Wasn't a coin collector or a THer at that time.
Sure wish I had of been.) :(

OP
OP
Erdspiegel

Erdspiegel

Feb 7, 2009
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
hikeinmts said:
(By the way, where are you in Germany? I was stationed in Baumholder, in the late 60's. Wasn't a coin collector or a THer at that time.
Sure wish I had of been.) :(

I was born in West- Berlin and I'm still living there.

Greetings, Sven

OP
OP
Erdspiegel

Erdspiegel

Feb 7, 2009
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
CATFISHJK1 said:
I remember those 5 mark silver coins. About as heavy as a silver dollar. I've spent many of them over the years.

Yes,heavy item.Weight of one of these 5 mark coins is 24gram.A 3 mark coin is 15 gram.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread