School Grounds

digincali

Mar 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
I have been metal detecting for a few months now. My friend and I have been hunting a local jr. high school. I finally found this beauty under an old oak tree, maybe 6 or 7 inches deep. Found a ton on modern coins but a couple of wheats as well. This is a great forum, everyone is very pleasant and helpful. Looking forward to checking in!

Attachments

• 1944liberty.jpg
    1944liberty.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 1,763
  • 1944tails.jpg
    1944tails.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 1,757
  • svmscoins.jpg
    svmscoins.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 1,726
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Welcome to Treasure Net, that's a great find! Congratulations on your find!

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
Welcome to T-net, great finds and the silver is real nice too !

Robin

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your silver find....Matt

papazitro

Mar 19, 2009
I am new as of today wow what a nice 50 cent silver find . IN 35 years of detecting i have only found 1 silver half, would yuou believe in my own front yard circa 1951 Whittier calif. Good going how deep was it and what kind of a machine and did you use a probe electronic to locate or a screw driver? Email me back info would appreciate it. [email protected]

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Nice finds :thumbsup:

Great silver

OP
OP
D

digincali

Mar 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
papazitro said:
I am new as of today wow what a nice 50 cent silver find . IN 35 years of detecting i have only found 1 silver half, would yuou believe in my own front yard circa 1951 Whittier calif. Good going how deep was it and what kind of a machine and did you use a probe electronic to locate or a screw driver? Email me back info would appreciate it. [email protected]

I'm new to metal detecting. I bought a bounty hunter elite 2200 at a sporting goods store that was going out of business. I bought it on sort of a half whim without any research. I am still impressed with its ability to find coins. I dug the liberty with a small narrow trowel from underneath an old oak tree. Since then I have also found a BF half and a 35 quarter within 20 ft of the liberty. Have a good one!

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Awesome walking liberty half! I've only found 1 in my lifetime! That is a lifetime coin find! Congrats! I know the feeling of finding such a nice coin...you will never forget finding it! :thumbsup:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few months of detecting, and you dig a Walking Half? From now on, you are on your own! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread