My first "treasured find"

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
My first "treasured find"

Hi fellow TH'ers :icon_sunny:

I hope you don't hold it against me that I sort-of misled you a little with the title. :wink:

My first "treasured find" before I got into metal detecting in 1979 happened on my birthday on March 18, 1973 when I went to guitar class and met the woman who has been my strength for 37 years: Linda. :icon_queen: You can see what Linda looked like a year after I met her in the YouTube video I'm bringing to your attention, below. Please see the video, laugh a little with us and Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon and Doc Severinsen. I sent the following email to friends and I consider you my friends also, so enjoy. :thumbsup:

Hello: I finally was able to place our 15 minutes of fame on YouTube (actually, it lasts 3 minutes). The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson taping took place on May 24, 1973 in New York City prior to the Show moving to the West Coast permanently. :'(

I apologize for the low quality of what you'll see but YouTube sets quality limits (320x240 at 30fps) unless you have High Definition which we don't. I started with the original VHS videotape that cost us $100. But in order to get it on YouTube it had to be converted and the software for the conversion had to be bought. So I simply made a DVD from the videotape of our 3 minutes and played it on my PC. I aimed a digital camera at the 19" monitor and played the DVD while recording it to a storage card which result in an AVI movie which was acceptable to YouTube requirements.

You can play the video at YouTube's original screen size or you can blow it up full screen. But it looks better in YouTube's smaller screen.

The Al Brodax that Linda mentions is the producer of "Yellow Submarine," a friend of ours as well as his sister.

Send the URL to your friends so that our "hit" count grows. ;D

Enjoy and if you want leave your comments at YouTube it'll make our effort really worth the time. Let me know what you thought of it.

Edward & Linda

Upvote 0

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Re: My first "treasured find"

Nice find Silver Fox! Did meter hit overload? LOL

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
Re: My first "treasured find"

hey silver not being rude does she still wear that red top for you when you whatch late night tv hehehehe awsome find and the accent woho

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread