My Luggage Tag (Denver & Rio Grande and Atchison, Topeka & Sante Fe Railroad)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Luggage Tag (Denver & Rio Grande and Atchison, Topeka & Sante Fe Railroad)

So I know I never got around to posting my find last October, after the CTH2... but I just made a full post of my find with all the historical background on my luggage tag for a contest on goldenmirages.com.
Feel free go over, create an account, check out my post and vote for me. :wink:

http://www.goldenmirages.com/index.php?topic=885.new#new

Bran <><

Attachments

• DSCF0180.JPG
    DSCF0180.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 669
  • DSCF0187.JPG
    DSCF0187.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 637
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My Luggage Tag (Denver & Rio Grande and Atchison, Topeka & Sante Fe Railroad)

Nice! Check to see if there is a patent date on the very top part of the tag. That's what made my baggage claim so rare. It had a "Thomas, Pat 1869", or something to that effect. research, research, research!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My Luggage Tag (Denver & Rio Grande and Atchison, Topeka & Sante Fe Railroad)

curbdiggercarl57 said:
Nice! Check to see if there is a patent date on the very top part of the tag. That's what made my baggage claim so rare. It had a "Thomas, Pat 1869", or something to that effect. research, research, research!

Yes, I've actually considered cleaning it to find out... even though I really like the patina, because it gives in the historical relic feel. The unfortunate thing is that the patina is what's covering that top section where the patent would be, if there is one.
I really liked your tag alot, and having the date on it just added to how neat it is!
Maybe I'll look into proper cleaning methods.
No worries though... research and I get along just fine. :wink:

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

allen said:
great looking find !!

Thanks friend... ;D

Bran <><

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device

Very very cool "old west" find Bran! It is really neat! See you soon, Jim :hello:

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, see ya' soon...

Bran <><

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bran--that is an awesome find! A very cool piece of railroad history!!
regards~~sandcreek

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you very much SC! ;D

Bran <><

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari

hi i seen your post and thought id reply.i have recently discovered 171 of those tags in the same spot.mine are in great condition.the maker and destinations are what collectors are lookin for.mine are doin great on ebay

Attachments

• tagonground[1].JPG
    tagonground[1].JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 432
  • tagonground[1].JPG
    tagonground[1].JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 422
OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

slykatt13 said:
hi i seen your post and thought id reply.i have recently discovered 171 of those tags in the same spot.mine are in great condition.the maker and destinations are what collectors are lookin for.mine are doin great on ebay

Yeah, I saw your finds... definitely a remarkable collection!! I have no intentions on selling mine, however.
The historical aspect behind it makes it priceless to me! :) And because it has the markings for the Denver & Rio Grande, and the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe... all very notable lines! I don't know... altogether, it's just extremely special to me. I wish I could get back to the historical town of Caldwell again and see what else is there to be found....

Bran <><

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari

godisnum1 said:
slykatt13 said:

Yeah, I saw your finds... definitely a remarkable collection!! I have no intentions on selling mine, however.
The historical aspect behind it makes it priceless to me! :) And because it has the markings for the Denver & Rio Grande, and the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe... all very notable lines! I don't know... altogether, it's just extremely special to me. I wish I could get back to the historical town of Caldwell again and see what else is there to be found....

Bran <>< i usually dont sell my finds,but...in this case i am.i am keeping several of them.171 is alot. they have paid for my new safari,the xterra 50,a new pinpointer and i have $left over .i have only sold about 40 or so.i am into detecting for the love of history.my hobby has become nearly free,so i dont feel bad for selling some of them.h/h~todd from ny~

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most definitely... I understand that logic. Since the hobby does cost, it doesn't hurt to be able to sell some things to keep the hobby financed... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread