65K Worth of Watch!

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...

Attachments

• Rolex 004X.jpg
    Rolex 004X.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 4,727
Upvote 0

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the diamonds alone should be worth more than 17K he should put it on ebay

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I'm a watch collector, watchmaker, and enthusiast. That looks like a fake. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It very well could be gold though. I wouldnt know just by lookin at the pic. And remember, it might weigh 139 grams but that is with the movement in it. I believe it to be fake and it probably has a Japanese Miyota Automatic movement and that is gonna a lot of the weight. The easiest way to find out for sure is to remove the back and look at the movement. Before you get to excited about the value, take it to a local watchmaker or jeweler and get it looked at.

OP
OP
cjc

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
Hate to say it but the guy who found it has already had it appraised and I saw the sheet. That's how we get the figure of $68K. Mind you the picture does not do it justice.
cjc
SteveDodds said:
I'm a watch collector, watchmaker, and enthusiast. That looks like a fake. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It very well could be gold though. I wouldnt know just by lookin at the pic. And remember, it might weigh 139 grams but that is with the movement in it. I believe it to be fake and it probably has a Japanese Miyota Automatic movement and that is gonna a lot of the weight. The easiest way to find out for sure is to remove the back and look at the movement. Before you get to excited about the value, take it to a local watchmaker or jeweler and get it looked at.

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
Well don't "hate to say it." Rather say "happy to say it." I'm going off of what I see in the pic and what I see says replica. If you've already had it looked at then KA-CHING!!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

cwrob

Tenderfoot
Jul 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I'm new to detecting and am visiting AK for the summer....just curious
as to how they were found - underwater? in a park?

thanks!

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
plehbah said:
Iron Patch said:
Sniffy said:
This is funny, I know 2 people that found Rolex's. One friend found it in the water on a beach. And my sisters friends son found one in a alley in the ghetto. I must say, finding a rolex watch is like winning a very large prize on a scratch off ticket.

In some cases but lots of bad fakes, good fakes, and low to moderate priced authentic ones. Digging one is most of the battle but no guarantees in cashing out large.

It does not matter if the Rolex is top of the line or not, people simply respect you when you are wearing a watch- much in the same way they think you are smart if you wear glasses.
what if you wear glasses and a watch :wink:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yowza, thats a great find. Too much bling for me but a great find nonetheless. :notworthy:

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Rolex is real it has inside a Serial-Control Number and with that the person that lost it (owner) can be found if you take it to the Rolex Dealer

DW

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Darth Walker said:
If the Rolex is real it has inside a Serial-Control Number and with that the person that lost it (owner) can be found if you take it to the Rolex Dealer

DW

Not a chance that will happen.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread