65K Worth of Watch!

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...

Attachments

• Rolex 004X.jpg
    Rolex 004X.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 4,727
Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is funny, I know 2 people that found Rolex's. One friend found it in the water on a beach. And my sisters friends son found one in a alley in the ghetto. I must say, finding a rolex watch is like winning a very large prize on a scratch off ticket.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffy said:
This is funny, I know 2 people that found Rolex's. One friend found it in the water on a beach. And my sisters friends son found one in a alley in the ghetto. I must say, finding a rolex watch is like winning a very large prize on a scratch off ticket.

In some cases but lots of bad fakes, good fakes, and low to moderate priced authentic ones. Digging one is most of the battle but no guarantees in cashing out large.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
Iron Patch said:
Sniffy said:

In some cases but lots of bad fakes, good fakes, and low to moderate priced authentic ones. Digging one is most of the battle but no guarantees in cashing out large.

It does not matter if the Rolex is top of the line or not, people simply respect you when you are wearing a watch- much in the same way they think you are smart if you wear glasses.

Cool. I recently bought one and received it yesterday... but unfortunately a Rolex was a little out of my price range, a working one anyway! I think many other brands make better looking watches under $5,000, but the super pricey rollies are off the charts. (both looks and price)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's a real Rolex, it will be registered by its serial number. Maybe you could find the owner and collect a nice reward...................or not. ;D
Beautiful watch, though and I'm trying not to salivate too much.

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
im glad im not the one who lost it,but i wish i was the one that found it! :icon_thumleft:

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I found this Rolex in January on the beach here in Florida. At first i didn't even know it was Rolex. I just tossed it in my pouch and kept hunting. Later I was looking through my finds and I about crapped myself. I took it to the jeweler and he confirms it was a Rolex and explained why and how he could tell it was.

Attachments

• Will Rolex final.jpg
    Will Rolex final.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 4,040
  • Will Rolex final.jpg
    Will Rolex final.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 4,035

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangingfor8 said:
I found this Rolex in January

Is it real? I was just speaking with a jeweler here the other day and eventhough there's nowhere to buy a Rolex replica local, most that come into the store are fakes. Some very good he says.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it is real but based on the position of the magnifying glass I suspect it is not. A $65K Rolex would not have the magnifier out of alignment with the date. The old fakes used to be digital but the newest ones have very good movements.

If anyone has found a ladies two tone with a diamond bezel in Hilton Head SC please let me know. It would have been last fall in Hilton Head. There is a reward. It was my sister-in-laws. I will only coordinate an exchange through a reputable jeweler after serial numbers are verified. Sorry but you cannot be sure these days. Thanks for your help.

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might cost a few bucks to restore but if its real then its definately worth it.

Alnitak

Nov 20, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Sorry to pee on the parade, but that looks like a fake, a pretty good one, but not a perfect one. You can find pictures of that model Rolex online, and a lot of the little details just don't match. For example, the gold edge on the small square diamonds is not right--the real one does not have sharp corners, but rather slightly beveled corners. As others have noticed, the magnifying lens for the date is not perfectly aligned. The diamonds on the bezel on the real rolex are brilliant cuts, not baguettes like on this one. I could go on, but the list is pretty long.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't know a real Rolex from a fake one, if I had both of them side by side.
But, that is one reason we have this forum......there are experts on many topics who read and actively participate
in this forum.......which is worth it's weight in gold, itself.
Hopefully I can contribute in the area of oriental coins, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, while others will contribute in
other areas, i.e. Rolex watches, etc. Us working together have the ability to be a great, good thing a) to our
fellow hunters/treasure seekers, and b) to our communities.
Feel sad for you, the person who found the watch, who had the expectation of a huge reward.
You do have a pretty watch, that will certainly dress you up for any special event that you might be attending.
Let's keep each other straight. :thumbsup:

coin1921

Dec 1, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Deus V 3.2
Bounty Hunter Water Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does the strap have the Rolex crown on the closure and the Rolex logo stamped inside the strap?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread