some buried "Villa" artefacts

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
some buried "Villa" artefacts

Well, it was back in 1984 i was visiting my great grandparents , i was only 7 , and it was the first time i got my hands on a metal detector . my great grandfather and I went to some hills in the Coneto De Comonfort ,Durango Mexico area . in 2 days we found about 14 rifles, a load of ammunition, 4 old black powder guns , some old US gold coins , 3 "peso del sol" coins, a set of silver spurs and some old gold rings.. unfortunately i was not able to bring any of that stuff back to the states with me :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: ..... i was told by some of my relatives that some of that stuff is still in the old house , they are mounted on a wall . i am working on getting some pictured from them and will post them here as soon as i get them.. i think all the gold coins are long gone ::) but a few rifles still remain as well as the silver spurs ...

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: some buried "Villa" artefacts

I have a friend who grew up in Durango an we have talked about going to his child hood home an detecting I just need to find out how to bring home what I find.

OP
OP
CRAZY-TEXICAN

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO

From what i heard from old timers i think there is still a lot to be discovered in that state , everyone buried their gold and valuables when the "Villistas" were in the area and many people just forgot or died before digging out their stuff... that state has quite a few old active and abandoned gold and silver mines , most of them are on the northern half of the state , people have found gold in many of the creeks and rivers ,not to mention meteorites galore especially in the "zona del silencio" ...

OP
OP
CRAZY-TEXICAN

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used

I know, too bad i was just a dang kid at the time. Oh well , i can still go back and check a few other "spots" but not sure if great grandpa told other people about it besides me.. ???

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

how would you get riffles or other large items you found back across the border into the US with out any hassles I know from others I've talked to there still alot of ""things"" buried down there .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions