1913 Indiana lisince plate...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,
I am new to detecting, started out with a little Radio Shack unit we bought for our son as a Christmas present.
I am able to use a cz-5 of my cousins sometimes. While using the Radio Shack model I found this old plate.
IN1913.jpg
I talked to some collectors, and they tell me it was the first year Indiana issued plates, and the only year it was coated with porcelain instead of paint, pretty rare plate. They tell me its worth $100 or more. So this has got to be my best find sofar...

Upvote 0

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
Really cool find, did you find it in Ind.? I'm from Muncie, IN so that really caught my eye. Nice find HH Dave.

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Yes, It was found here on the westside of Indy. The house I live in was built in 1912. The plate was about 8" down inside of an old garage foundation. Using the Radio Shack unit, the plate hit about like a quarter, I guess at that depth, I was lucky that little unit even seen it. I also found a 1958 Washington quarter, a few IH's, and several wheaties, have yet to go over the yard with a good machine, I have found no coins over 4" deep, so I know there's got to be more goodies in there, Can't wait ;D

Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread