This is a keeper!!

Lucky Hat

Mar 28, 2009
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision
I found this at an old train depot that had tons of trash. And only after 15 min this came to light. I never hyperventilated before when I found something good but this time was different. I was just shaking when I picked it up out of the hole. I was done hunting I just had to go home and clean it up. Its platinum with 7 diamonds. Its a fillagree style dinner ring around 1902.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,659
Upvote 0

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lucky Hat said:
I found this at an old train depot that had tons of trash. And only after 15 min this came to light. I never hyperventilated before when I found something good but this time was different. I was just shaking when I picked it up out of the hole. I was done hunting I just had to go home and clean it up. Its platinum with 7 diamonds. Its a fillagree style dinner ring around 1902.
wow! that is amazing! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
congrats!
dave

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Lucky Hat said:

So you know it's platinum and diamonds, I assume you've gotten it appraised? In my opinion the best find I've seen on here.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wow now thats a find wtg :thumbsup:

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Wow that is one very nice ring. When was this found??. If it is a recent discovery i would vote banner on that. How do you know that it is platanium?

Sasnz

OP
OP
L

Lucky Hat

Mar 28, 2009
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision
sasnz said:
Wow that is one very nice ring. When was this found??. If it is a recent discovery i would vote banner on that. How do you know that it is platinum?

Sasnz
I found it July 16th 2009, at 6:35 pm. The jeweler said the marks on inside were worn but with color of the band being dull finish he said platinum. And all the stones checked out to be diamonds. I do need to get a real appraisal on it.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you share where in Oregon did you find that incredible ring. WOW!!! It is gorgeous!!! (Reason asking about where in Oregon: before moving to S. Korea, I grew up in Eastern Oregon, near LaGrande, in Elgin. So, am partial to Oregon and the
finds made there.
Thanks. And, even if you are not willing to i.d. the city, no problem. Doesn't take away from the superness of the find. :notworthy:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool ring, congrats. Please keep us apprised of the appraisal. :thumbsup:

old_mikee

May 26, 2007
Burbank Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT; Minelab XTerra 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very cool find.... makes me want to hunt,,, thanks for sharing

mike

Mrs Bloom

Nov 3, 2007
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
OMG! It's gorgeous! I'm inspired to go mding now. Just wish it didn't feel like 100 degrees outside right now..... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread