cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Never posted here before...IT'S REAL!!!

Last Sunday I headed down to to the beach to detect while Hurricane Bill was passing up the coast. I met up with Bootybay and Boobird and a few other treasure hunters were also on the beach. there were huge cuts in the sand and I was hunting about 3 feet down, mostly in the wet sand.

I met a guy named Dan who is in my South Jersey club and we chatted a bit. I said to him, " I don't know why I'm hunting here...I have never found anything good here yet." He went on his way...and not 5 minutes later I found this ring.

I assumed it was fake as it had no markings and was so large. In a magnifier I couldn't find any flaws in it either. Well today I took it to the jeweler and he said..."THE DIAMOND IS REAL!!!!!" I started shaking. He said it is a cushion cut...1-1 1/4 carats maybe as high as 1 1/2 carats. He did not test the band...he said "what does it matter? the value is in the stone!" He estimated $4,000 if the smaller size and as much as $10,000 if it is 1 1/2 carats.

Attachments

• bling1.jpg
    bling1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,579
Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Never posted here before...IT'S REAL!!!

Well big congrats to you!!!! Giving Diane T some competition! I bet you either looked around and hoped at first noone saw you find it, but then got overwhelmed at the possibility of it being real!! Sure glad it was not a QVC special.......... :)

I might be giving a talk on buttons at the SJMDC meeting later this year, so hope to see you there if I do.

Don

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Very nice ice :thumbsup: That little beauty ought to land on the banner right quick like! Big time congrats,

HH Charlie

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Don in SJ said:
Well big congrats to you!!!! Giving Diane T some competition! I bet you either looked around and hoped at first noone saw you find it, but then got overwhelmed at the possibility of it being real!! Sure glad it was not a QVC special.......... :)

I might be giving a talk on buttons at the SJMDC meeting later this year, so hope to see you there if I do.

Don

Don you are so right! lol I slipped it into my pouch without batting an eye and headed down the beach like it was nothing. When I finally stopped to check it out I kept it low in the pouch to take a peek. I really didn't believe it was real!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one lovely ring :icon_thumleft: I'll head to the beach if Daniel hits us :laughing9:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I am assuming that since it has no markings, that makes it fairly old doesn't it?

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

sometimes markings are lost when a ring is sized. Sparticus I'm hoping for more good finds from Daniel but it will be hard to top this one!!!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice ring. Just a curious question though, if the jeweler was any good, why couldn't he count the points on the big stone and tell you exactly how many carats it was? Maybe you have to pay him/her a little more........NGE

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I let my g/f your ring earlier tonight, and she went about speechless... that's the exact same cut that she wants in a ring! Anyway, she said she loved it and is crazy excited for you!!! :)

Bran <><

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That ring is still making me drool ;D :headbang:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Did you ever put this in "todays finds"? I think it would get several more banner votes if you did. Good luck and congrats again on a beautiful ring :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: absolutly stunning ring wtg

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008

Try getting a better photo of the ring. Blurry.

Such as your why no banner post in general section: easy could stall under such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread