65.9 KB · Views: 1,266
  • finds1.JPG
    finds1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,234
Upvote 0

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
iron patch !!! thats one of the nicest rings ive ever saw. cool half penny too. do you have that in a past post i missed? willy

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dfx willy said:
iron patch !!! thats one of the nicest rings ive ever saw. cool half penny too. do you have that in a past post i missed? willy

Think both those finds were before I joined this forum, so if either was posted it wasn't under Today's Finds.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

I'll give you a Tenner for the Ring ;D

Very nice set of finds Mr Patch :thumbsup: the Gold in the Ring looks very rich :o is it stamped :dontknow:

SS

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

Very nice set of finds Mr Patch :thumbsup: the Gold in the Ring looks very rich :o is it stamped :dontknow:

SS

No sign of a stamp at all... wish there was!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Wel actually I would rather have no stamp :P it's obviously Gold, and now I would say later than Victorian :o

SS

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Wel actually I would rather have no stamp :P it's obviously Gold, and now I would say later than Victorian :o

SS

agreed, its a very nice ring (even though they are not my thing), it has an older than Victy 'feel' :)

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice! Very cool that you found something that might possibly have a link to your past! If I can quit smoking this New years I'm hopefully going to spend the saved dough on a trip to my old families homestead in Ireland which has a Celtic ruin on the property. trouble is, it's never been plowed, ever, just used for grazing so the old stuff will probably be very deep. We're neck and neck for our oldest coin find in North America I think. Here's my oldest which I pulled from the canal embankment, a location of a late india settlement and 1600's mill. My guess is that it was just a case of old ground being turned.

p.s. You're right. Now that the season is about over it is "show and tell" time. :D

Attachments

• aoldestcoin1.jpg
    aoldestcoin1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,269
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

SS

agreed, its a very nice ring (even though they are not my thing), it has an older than Victy 'feel' :)

I say Victorian purely because of the style, and if it is, it was a rendom drop because everything else dug was much older. I don't recall anything else from the Victoria era and there was many targets from early French to maybe 1820 British. Most at that particular spot were mid. 1700s.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
Very nice! Very cool that you found something that might possibly have a link to your past! If I can quit smoking this New years I'm hopefully going to spend the saved dough on a trip to my old families homestead in Ireland which has a Celtic ruin on the property. trouble is, it's never been plowed, ever, just used for grazing so the old stuff will probably be very deep. We're neck and neck for our oldest coin find in North America I think. Here's my oldest which I pulled from the canal embankment, a location of a late india settlement and 1600's mill. My guess is that it was just a case of old ground being turned.

p.s. You're right. Now that the season is about over it is "show and tell" time. :D

Yep, that sure is an oldie!!!

I know the history on my mother's side right back to the first settler from France in the 1600s. It was his son who came here in 1720 and settled the area I found the coin. One of my better Liards, and a few bale seals are from the same site as well.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
180 enfields???? Holy cow that weighs what? All from the same area? Yeah the ring is something else. Nice warm up for winter !

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
180 enfields???? Holy cow that weighs what? All from the same area? Yeah the ring is something else. Nice warm up for winter !

Don't know but was 2 pounches full. ;D Yes all from the same area, a firing range and there was many hundreds more found.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet when you dig one now you go like "oh great just what I needed another Enfield"
I think some I have have the wood plugs in them? Really great finds, :thumbsup:
TnMtns

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man those are some nice finds. The ring is out of this world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions