FRN Box Series 1934

lionking

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2009
mindanao island
Detector(s) used
Balanghoy
After 3 hours walking in the mountain trail leading to the hinterlands of Camanlangan, a gold producing region in Compostela Valley Province in Mindanao, we reached our campsite hoping to find a goldmine prospecting area. As we sipped our coffee, a miner from another outfit approached me and drank coffee w/ us. The discussion was changed from gold prospecting to treasure hunting.

He told me that their team is excavating for treasure down in the Visayas Area found a Metal Boxes inside a WW2 concrete bunker in the island of Bohol back in 2007. He added that maybe I could help their group headed by his uncle to find a buyer for their find, I assured him why not, provided I have to see these items first.

Hurriedly I left my group and headed to his uncles' house in Nabunturan Municipality where they kept the items. He then introduced me to his uncle who in his 70s seems so suspicious on anynew face that goes to their frontyard. After awhile of convincing that I can contact a buyer, (actually I'm just only curious to see what they've found) he took a metal box and showd it to me.

The box weighs around 8-10 kls, 65mm thick x 250mm wide x 400mm long by my estimate. The box is made of Steel, or maybe aluminum and the front cover is made of Bronze w/ U S of A markings and eagle clasping arrows and leaves in his talons. Honestly, I havent had the slightest idea what the box is hiding inside so I told them, we'll open this box who knows there are jewelries or small bars inside. After 45 minutes we were able to destroy the box using pliers, hammer and screwdriver and what we found inside are only a set of bank documents e.g. $deposit certificates,
greencards,a sheet of film and 250 pcs. Federal Reserve Notes dated 1934.

Now, my question is:

1) Why this docs was hidden inside a war bunker when its proper place should be inside the
vaults of the Federal Reserve bank in the US?
2) There's a Gold Certificate in the docs showing a deposit of tons of Gold! is it still there in the
Bank Depository?
3) In the Dollar deposit certificate, it shows that Billions of Dollars has been deposited in the
Fed Res Bank of Atlanta redeemable after 33 years w/ earning an interest of 4% per annum.
BUT its already 75 years from 1934, the date when this was issue, is this expired?
4) How did this Bank Documents landed in the Philippines? I'm sure its not by accident it found its
way inside a bunker, it must be part of a war loot. As in spoils of war, isnt it?
5) Why there are greencards inside? I used to think that if u wanna go 2 the US one has to have a
greencard, this one is different. What does it stands for?

If there's somebody out here who's very knowledgeable w/ this find, can you please enlighten me on this?

thanks,

LK

Attachments

• PB180024.JPG
    PB180024.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 4,718
  • PB180010.JPG
    PB180010.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 4,992
  • PB180029.JPG
    PB180029.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 4,045
Upvote 2
OP
OP
lionking

lionking

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2009
mindanao island
Detector(s) used
Balanghoy
lionking said:
After 3 hours walking in the mountain trail leading to the hinterlands of Camanlangan, a gold producing region in Compostela Valley Province in Mindanao, we reached our campsite hoping to find a goldmine prospecting area. As we sipped our coffee, a miner from another outfit approached me and drank coffee w/ us. The discussion was changed from gold prospecting to treasure hunting.

He told me that their team is excavating for treasure down in the Visayas Area found a Metal Boxes inside a WW2 concrete bunker in the island of Bohol back in 2007. He added that maybe I could help their group headed by his uncle to find a buyer for their find, I assured him why not, provided I have to see these items first.

Hurriedly I left my group and headed to his uncles' house in Nabunturan Municipality where they kept the items. He then introduced me to his uncle who in his 70s seems so suspicious on anynew face that goes to their frontyard. After awhile of convincing that I can contact a buyer, (actually I'm just only curious to see what they've found) he took a metal box and showd it to me.

The box weighs around 8-10 kls, 65mm thick x 250mm wide x 400mm long by my estimate. The box is made of Steel, or maybe aluminum and the front cover is made of Bronze w/ U S of A markings and eagle clasping arrows and leaves in his talons. Honestly, I havent had the slightest idea what the box is hiding inside so I told them, we'll open this box who knows there are jewelries or small bars inside. After 45 minutes we were able to destroy the box using pliers, hammer and screwdriver and what we found inside are only a set of bank documents e.g. $deposit certificates,
greencards,a sheet of film and 250 pcs. Federal Reserve Notes dated 1934.

Now, my question is:

1) Why this docs was hidden inside a war bunker when its proper place should be inside the
vaults of the Federal Reserve bank in the US?
2) There's a Gold Certificate in the docs showing a deposit of tons of Gold! is it still there in the
Bank Depository?
3) In the Dollar deposit certificate, it shows that Billions of Dollars has been deposited in the
Fed Res Bank of Atlanta redeemable after 33 years w/ earning an interest of 4% per annum.
BUT its already 75 years from 1934, the date when this was issue, is this expired?
4) How did this Bank Documents landed in the Philippines? I'm sure its not by accident it found its
way inside a bunker, it must be part of a war loot. As in spoils of war, isnt it?
5) Why there are greencards inside? I used to think that if u wanna go 2 the US one has to have a
greencard, this one is different. What does it stands for?

If there's somebody out here who's very knowledgeable w/ this find, can you please enlighten me on this?

thanks,

LK

Attachments

• PB180029.JPG
    PB180029.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 7,576
  • PB180024.JPG
    PB180024.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 7,973
  • PB180029.JPG
    PB180029.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 3,454
  • PB180024.JPG
    PB180024.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 3,770

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah the old famous philippines --US WW2 treasury note scam -- do not walk but run as fast and as far as possible from these con artist folks as you can.

OP
OP
lionking

lionking

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2009
mindanao island
Detector(s) used
Balanghoy
ivan salis said:
ah the old famous phillipno --US WW2 treasury note scam -- do not walk but run as fast and as far as possible from these con artist folks as you can.

Con Artist? you sound as if you're very sure of what you are saying huh? ivan? You cannot even spell Filipino? Just because u cannot answer my questions and your judging me?

If u think Im just a scammer, go here in the Phils., have these docs authenticated and, if the document in my position is bogus, I will refund your plane ticket back to where u came from. BUT, if these papers are genuine, you have to assist us for the Redemption of this financial instruments.

Judged and ye be judge..... :read2:

LK

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lionking said:
ivan salis said:
ah the old famous phillipno --US WW2 treasury note scam -- do not walk but run as fast and as far as possible from these con artist folks as you can.

Con Artist? you sound as if you're very sure of what you are saying huh? ivan? You cannot even spell Filipino? Just because u cannot answer my questions and your judging me?

If u think Im just a scammer, go here in the Phils., have these docs authenticated and, if the document in my position is bogus, I will refund your plane ticket back to where u came from. BUT, if these papers are genuine, you have to assist us for the Redemption of this financial instruments.

Judged and ye be judge..... :read2:

LK

He's not judging you...this is a very common scam which has been seen many times on this forum!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
no I'm not saying you are scammer ( do not think that ) you are the target ---but those other folks are they are trying to trick you and yes are the scammers , or at the very least are unwitting helpers of other folks that are scammers -- this is a very old scam --its been around a long long time -- you are just the latest victim * they are trying to hook --- its not a insult AGAINST YOU OR HONEST FOLKS IN THE PHILPPINES ( THERE ARE CON ARTIST IN THE USA TOO) I'm just trying to give you a warning. so you do not get caught up in a scam . -- (you are right to think something doesn't fit . if legal these notes would not be in the us mint vaults in manila * but in the usa -- it doesn't feel right because its not real-- its 100% bogus)

plus even if it was real remember us govt treasury money is and always wil be us govt treasury money * --the US govt will not "pay" to get what is already theirs back -period.

if the phillipines mint got robbed of say 10 million dollars today --think the govt there would pay a reward for the return of "their" money? -- or if you found it and ask for a reward would they say --give it back the govts money ( with no reward) or go to jail for withholding information ? which do you think would happen, honestly?

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
do a search here for SCAM and you will see this scam and the facts that prove it is scam. The best proof is that there are no missing $100,000 notes. That information came from the US treasury. It may be legal to possess counterfeit currency in the Phillipines but merely having it on your person is a felony here - just in case you are asked to take a sample note to the US in an attempt to sell the notes back to the US government or to "redeem" them. Good luck to you - you've been warned.
I'm actually amazed that no one has hauled these to the middle east and deposited them in a bank and drained the account - or used them as collateral on a loan. If they got a naive person to do it their necks wouldn't be on the chopping block and if it fails hey there are always more good samaritans out there. siegfried schlagrule

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stick them on ebay thats where the suckers are!

You must think us stupido >:(

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• green-cheese.jpg
    green-cheese.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 10,132

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Serious? Three posts, and quick to defend himself.... :laughing9:
People are funny.

OP
OP
lionking

lionking

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2009
mindanao island
Detector(s) used
Balanghoy
mile-ender said:
Serious? Three posts, and quick to defend himself.... :laughing9:
People are funny.

Bro,

I'm dead serious on this topic when I post it in this forum, (and you're :laughing9:). I'm totally ignorant and uninformed about this Find, and I hadnt had the slightest idea that this item is a fake because I personally destroyed this box and found this docs inside. that's why I turned to this forum of highly learned, educated and respectable individuals hoping that I can get ANSWERS to my questions, instead, Ive been laughed at, been called names e.g. con artist, scammer,stupido,......see?

Is this how we 're going to treat our fellow members if we dont know the answers to their questions? by mockery? answer my questions first pls......

have a nice day,
LK

U

umrgolf

The questions were answered and it was clearly stated that you've been scammed or you are attempting to scam.. Surely you can understand that people just are informing those who would potentially be involved in such a thing.. No one intends to offend you personally. At least now it appears that your questions are answered in full. This is a done deal.. Better luck with your future hunts.. Jeff

OP
OP
lionking

lionking

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2009
mindanao island
Detector(s) used
Balanghoy
SWR said:
The Federal Reserve is aware of several scams involving high denomination Federal Reserve notes and bonds, often in denominations of 100 million or 500 million dollars, dating back to the 1930s, usually 1934. In each of these schemes, fraudulent instruments are claimed to be part of a long-lost supply of recently discovered Federal Reserve notes or bonds.

Fraudsters often falsely claim that the purported Federal Reserve notes or bonds that they hold are somehow very special and are not known to the public because they are so secret. Fraudsters have attempted to sell these worthless instruments, or to redeem or exchange them at banks and other financial institutions, or to secure loans or obtain lines of credit using the fictitious instruments as collateral.

The Federal Reserve has never issued any bonds or notes with coupons attached. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is not aware of any currency or debt stockpile of large denomination Federal Reserve notes from the 1930s and warns that any institution that pays out on such a claim does so at its own risk.

It should also be noted that the largest denomination of currency ever printed by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing was the $100,000 Series 1934 Gold Certificate featuring the portrait of President Wilson. These notes were printed from December 18, 1934, through January 9, 1935, and were issued by the Treasurer of the United States to Federal Reserve Banks only against an equal amount of gold bullion held by the Treasury Department. The notes were used only for official transactions between Federal Reserve Banks and were not circulated among the general public.

http://www.ny.frb.org/banking/frscams.html

Thnx SWR for a very enlightening response, salamat......
If there are fakes, i'm sure there are originals.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
"If there are fakes, I'm sure there are originals"??? Huh??

Why would you think that? They were never made. I saw a costume of Darth Vader, but that doesn't mean he really exists.

They made fake 3 dollar bills too, but that doesn't mean they are copies. I think you are confusing copies with fakes. Looking at the pics, I find it hard to believe the papers were even in the box for more than a short time.

OP
OP
lionking

lionking

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2009
mindanao island
Detector(s) used
Balanghoy
cheese said:
"If there are fakes, I'm sure there are originals"??? Huh??

Why would you think that? They were never made. I saw a costume of Darth Vader, but that doesn't mean he really exists.

They made fake 3 dollar bills too, but that doesn't mean they are copies. I think you are confusing copies with fakes. Looking at the pics, I find it hard to believe the papers were even in the box for more than a short time.

We share the same position when I open the box. This box is part of a Big Box consisting of 12 small boxes. If u can go here, we will give you the chance to open the remaining boxes.

OP
OP
lionking

lionking

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2009
mindanao island
Detector(s) used
Balanghoy
SWR said:
cheese said:
Looking at the pics, I find it hard to believe the papers were even in the box for more than a short time.

Although I am not 100% sure...I don't think the thin black plastic the papers were wrapped in was even invented back in the 1940s :o

yeah, i was wondering also when i removed the covering plate, it looks like a garbage bag. But the texture of the plastic is very different than the modern plastic we are using today.

People experimented with plastics based on natural polymers for centuries. In the nineteenth century a plastic material based on chemically modified natural polymers was discovered: Charles Goodyear discovered vulcanization of rubber (1839) and Alexander Parkes, English inventor (1813—1890) created the earliest form of plastic in 1855. He mixed pyroxylin, a partially nitrated form of cellulose (cellulose is the major component of plant cell walls), with alcohol and camphor. This produced a hard but flexible transparent material, which he called "Parkesine." The first plastic based on a synthetic polymer was made from phenol and formaldehyde, with the first viable and cheap synthesis methods invented by Leo Hendrik Baekeland in 1909, the product being known as Bakelite. Subsequently poly(vinyl chloride), polystyrene, polyethylene (polyethene), polypropylene (polypropene), polyamides (nylons), polyesters, acrylics, silicones, polyurethanes were amongst the many varieties of plastics developed and have great commercial success.

The development of plastics has come from the use of natural materials (e.g., chewing gum, shellac) to the use of chemically modified natural materials (e.g., natural rubber, nitrocellulose, collagen) and finally to completely synthetic molecules (e.g., epoxy, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene).

In 1959, Koppers Company in Pittsburgh, PA had a team that developed the expandable polystyrene foam cup. On this team was Edward J. Stoves who made the first commercial foam cup. The experimental cups were made of puffed rice glued together to form a cup to show how it would feel and look. The chemistry was then developed to make the cups commercial. Today, the cup is used throughout the world in countries desiring fast food, namely, the United States, Japan, Australia,and New Zealand. Freon was never used in the cups. As Stoves said, "We didn't know freon was bad for the ozone, but we knew it was not good for people so the cup never used freon to expand the beads."

All Goodyear had done with vulcanization was improve the properties of a natural polymer. The next logical step was to use a natural polymer, cellulose, as the basis for a new material.

Inventors were particularly interested in developing synthetic substitutes for those natural materials that were expensive and in short supply, since that meant a profitable market to exploit. Ivory was a particularly attractive target for a synthetic replacement.

An Englishman from Birmingham named Alexander Parkes developed a "synthetic ivory" named "pyroxlin", which he marketed under the trade name "Parkesine", and which won a bronze medal at the 1862 World's fair in London. Parkesine was made from cellulose treated with nitric acid and a solvent. The output of the process hardened into a hard, ivory-like material that could be molded when heated. However, Parkes was not able to scale up the process reliably, and products made from Parkesine quickly warped and cracked after a short period of use.

Englishmen Daniel Spill and the American John Wesley Hyatt both took up where Parkes left off. Parkes had failed for lack of a proper softener, but they independantly discovered that camphor would work well. Spill launched his product as Xylonite in 1869, while Hyatt patented his "Celluloid" in 1870, naming it after cellulose. Rivalry between Spill's British Xylonite Company and Hyatt's American Celluloid Company led to an expensive decade-long court battle, with neither company being awarded rights, as ultimately Parkes was credited with the product's invention. As a result, both companies operated in parallel on both sides of the Atlantic.

Celluloid/Xylonite proved extremely versatile in its field of application, providing a cheap and attractive replacement for ivory, tortoiseshell, and bone, and traditional products such as billiard balls and combs were much easier to fabricate with plastics. Some of the items made with cellulose in the nineteenth century were beautifully designed and implemented. For example, celluloid combs made to tie up the long tresses of hair fashionable at the time are now highly-collectable jewel-like museum pieces. Such pretty trinkets were no longer only for the rich.

Hyatt was something of an industrial genius who understood what could be done with such a shapeable, or "plastic", material, and proceeded to design much of the basic industrial machinery needed to produce good-quality plastic materials in quantity. Some of Hyatt's first products were dental pieces, and sets of false teeth built around celluloid proved cheaper than existing rubber dentures. However, celluloid dentures tended to soften when hot, making tea drinking tricky, and the camphor taste tended to be difficult to suppress.

Celluloid could also be used in entirely new applications. Hyatt figured out how to fabricate the material in a strip format for movie film. By the year 1900, movie film was a major market for celluloid.

However, celluloid still tended to yellow and crack over time, and it had another more dangerous defect: it burned very easily and spectacularly, unsurprising given that mixtures of nitric acid and cellulose are also used to synthesize smokeless powder.

Cellulose was also used to produce cloth. While the men who developed celluloid were interested in replacing ivory, those who developed the new fibers were interested in replacing another expensive material, silk.

In 1884, a French chemist, the Comte de Chardonnay, introduced a cellulose-based fabric that became known as "Chardonnay silk". It was an attractive cloth, but like celluloid it was very flammable, a property completely unacceptable in clothing. After some ghastly accidents, Chardonnay silk was taken off the market.

In 1894, three British inventors, Charles Cross, Edward Bevan, and Clayton Beadle, patented a new "artificial silk" or "art silk" that was much safer. The three men sold the rights for the new fabric to the French Courtauld company, a major manufacturer of silk, which put it into production in 1905, using cellulose from wood pulp as the "feedstock" material.

Art silk, technically known as Cellulose Acetate, became well known under the trade name "rayon", and was produced in great quantities through the 1930s, when it was supplanted by better artificial fabrics. It still remains in production today, often in blends with other natural and artificial fibers. It is cheap and feels smooth on the skin, though it is weak when wet and creases easily. It could also be produced in a transparent sheet form known as "cellophane". Cellulose Acetate became the standard substrate for movie and camera film, instead of its very flammable predecessor.

The limitations of celluloid led to the next major advance, known as "phenolic" or "phenol-formaldehyde" plastics. A chemist named Leo Hendrik Baekeland, a Belgian-born American living in New York state, was searching for an insulating shellac to coat wires in electric motors and generators. Baekeland found that mixtures of phenol (C6H5OH) and formaldehyde (HCOH) formed a sticky mass when mixed together and heated, and the mass became extremely hard if allowed to cool and dry.

He continued his investigations and found that the material could be mixed with wood flour, asbestos, or slate dust to create "composite" materials with different properties. Most of these compositions were strong and fire resistant. The only problem was that the material tended to foam during synthesis, and the resulting product was of unacceptable quality.

Baekeland built pressure vessels to force out the bubbles and provide a smooth, uniform product. He publicly announced his discovery in 1912, naming it bakelite. It was originally used for electrical and mechanical parts, finally coming into widespread use in consumer goods in the 1920s. When the Bakelite patent expired in 1930, the Catalin Corporation acquired the patent and began manufacturing Catalin plastic using a different process that allowed a wider range of coloring.

Bakelite was the first true plastic. It was a purely synthetic material, not based on any material or even molecule found in nature. It was also the first thermosetting plastic. Conventional thermoplastics can be molded and then melted again, but thermoset plastics form bonds between polymers strands when cured, creating a tangled matrix that cannot be undone without destroying the plastic. Thermoset plastics are tough and temperature resistant.

Bakelite was cheap, strong, and durable. It was molded into thousands of forms, such as radios, telephones, clocks, and, of course, billiard balls. The U.S. government even considered making one-cent coins out of it when World War II caused a copper shortage.

Phenolic plastics have been largely replaced by cheaper and less brittle plastics, but they are still used in applications requiring its insulating and heat-resistant properties. For example, some electronic circuit boards are made of sheets of paper or cloth impregnated with phenolic resin.

Phenolic sheets, rods and tubes are produced in a wide variety of grades under various brand names. The most common grades of industrial phenolic are Canvas, Linen and Paper.

so...they're already using plastics back in 1940s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread