Captain Midnight

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Capt. Midnight.jpg
    Capt. Midnight.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They're really great, BK You gonna let us in on what they are? ;D

I assume they're Captain Midnight badges? I'm not old enough to know Captain Midnight. ;) When were these made?

OP
OP
bk

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
haupin said:
They're really great, BK? You gonna let us in on what they are? ;D

I assume they're Captain Midnight badges?? I'm not old enough to know Captain Midnight.? ?;) When were these made?

Haupin,
Actually I'm not that old either. These were pins/badges that were promoted by the Skelly Oil Co. Capt. Midnight was a Superhero from the 1930's. Sorta like Superman. Some of these are Junior Marshal badges with the name Melvin Pervis G-man (Government man).
He was the guy who brought John Dillinger to justice.
They were very popular with kids in the 30's.

OP
OP
bk

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Knipper

Jan 21, 2005
Rochester, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II Troy Shadow X-5
Well BK...guess what? You ARE old enough for Captain Midnight. Not for the radio series, but it was also a TV series in the mid to late '50's. You still would have been old enough to reach the dial on the TV though! :)

Those are the radio premiums, but the TV series was sponsored by Ovaltine and you could order stuff there too. Wish I'd done so back then...of course, didn't have money to spend at 5 years old.

Knipper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread