My 2009 BEST (coppers, silver, spanish silver, CW, jewelry)

U

umrgolf

Hey tnet people.. I want to start by thanking those of you that I've gotten to know on this website and even those that I don't know so well yet.. You have opened so many doors to me and my treasure hunting hobby. I really have learned a lot from those of you who have helped and continue to help me with id'ing different relics and showing me new finds and different bits and pieces that go along with this stuff. I am a 27 year old U.S. Navy sailor and work is not always fun/easy but metal detecting is a passion for me that goes above and beyond anything else that I do, whether it be work or play. All that being said, I didn't get to start my detecting season until around the beginning of September and I just wanted to share my 3 1/2 months worth.. Thanks for looking and I hope to be a part of this community for years and years to come.. Thanks again, Jeff P.

1st pic- (top left) 1833 LC, 1845 LC, 184? LC (top right) 3 unidentifiable colonial coppers
(bottom left in holders) 1852 LC, 1/4 piece of KG II halfpenny, 1808 1/2 penny
(bottom right) 1731 KG II halfpenny

2nd pic- 1857, 1858 flying eagle pennies.. 1862, 1863 IH pennies... 1878 semi-key IH penny

3rd pic- (from left) 18 IH pennies.. 1 shield nickel.. 3 V nickels.. 3 buffalo nickels.. 1 1866 2c coin

4th pic- 1888 IH (to show size) James Watson North 4th street Philadelphia TOKEN

5th pic- my first 17th century coin

6th pic- silver.. 1853 O dime, 2 barbers, 16 mercs, 6 rosies, 1 SLQ, 1 washington

7th pic- more silver

8th pic- cut spanish silver

9th pic- cut spanish silver

10th pic- whole (bent) spanish silver 1789 one reale

11th pic- silver rings

12th pic- gold rings and gold heart charm (1800's)

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 933
  • 2009 1.jpg
    2009 1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 998
  • 2009 2.jpg
    2009 2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 971
  • 2009 7.jpg
    2009 7.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 971
  • 2009 3.jpg
    2009 3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 961
  • 2009 4.jpg
    2009 4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 954
  • 2009 5.jpg
    2009 5.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 952
  • 2009 6.jpg
    2009 6.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 971
  • 2009 9.jpg
    2009 9.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 943
  • 2009 8.jpg
    2009 8.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 951
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 930
  • 2009 11.jpg
    2009 11.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 933
  • 2009 10.jpg
    2009 10.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 946
Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Re: My 2009 BEST

13th pic- 3 silver cufflinks, 1 gold plated cufflink (my only 4)

14th pic- group shot of all my '09 civil war finds

15th pic- my 4 best '09 CW finds

US beltplate, 1840's USMC button, Script I button, 1850's Virginia button

16th and 17th pics- 1700's small sword quillion block (before cleaning)

18th and 19th pics- after cleaning

THANKS AGAIN! HH IN 2010!!!!! Jeff

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 932
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 931
  • 2009 12.jpg
    2009 12.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 943
  • quillion 1.jpg
    quillion 1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 903
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 914
  • side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 907
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 923
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 923
  • quillion 2.jpg
    quillion 2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 911

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well...I'd say you're off to a Fantastic start! Sounds like you have some wonderful sites to hunt, too.

How old are those gold rings in the last photo of your first post?

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Buckle Elf said:
Well...I'd say you're off to a Fantastic start! Sounds like you have some wonderful sites to hunt, too.

How old are those gold rings in the last photo of your first post?

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Thanks BB, the signant ring (M) is prob early 1900's considering the other finds that came from the site and the nugget ring was a beach find.. The little heart charm came from a field that gave up 1600's, 1700's, 1800's and 1900's finds, so its hard to say.. its not marked but is pretty clearly gold.. Im assuming 1800's (has some kind of stone or glass piece set in the middle)... Jeff

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

Jeff you have more awesome stuff than I could even hope for! congrats on a great start.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

cntrydncr1 said:
Jeff you have more awesome stuff than I could even hope for! congrats on a great start.

Thanks Deb, I only wish I had gotten to hunt more than 3 months, but oh well.. Everytime out was a blessing! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

wanted to post a couple more finds

1st pic- Nuclear power school graduation w/ my bud Vice Admiral Architzel ( I spanked him in a round of golf afterwards :laughing7: )

2nd and 3rd pics- 1820's Navy button

4th pic- few random colonial finds

5th pic- old ring I found at same site and 1820's Navy button

6th pic- I lied earlier when I said those cuffs were my only 4 :laughing9: I forgot about the one on the far right of this pic that I dug last year in NY

Attachments

• navy back .jpg
    navy back .jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 820
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 832
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 831
  • navy 2.jpg
    navy 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 830
  • grad.jpg
    grad.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 833
  • navy 2.jpg
    navy 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 823
  • navy back .jpg
    navy back .jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 819
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 824
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 830
  • cuffs .jpg
    cuffs .jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 830

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the bases covered for 2009! :thumbsup:

Every year at this time I say the same thing.... I should have kept all this years finds separate! :-\

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Iron Patch said:
You have the bases covered for 2009! :thumbsup:

Every year at this time I say the same thing.... I should have kept all this years finds separate! :-\

I think it definitely helped only hunting 1/4 of the year as far as keeping it separated, therefore digging through 75% less junk ;D .. im a missouri boy so my finds from when I lived there are not as cool as east coast finds (last 2 years)

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you find all the coolest stuff.... :)
i love that claddagh ring.
......and no i dont want it!!! LOLOLOL .... hahaha i have one!!!! :icon_pirat:
:-* kel

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

K*E*L*L*Y said:

thanks kel, is that the one with the heart and crown? :dontknow:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

yes it is... you give it to some you love... or if you are in love you wear it... with the heart facing you..
if your hear is on the table you wear the ring with the hear facing out so that other Irish people know
you are looking for a mate!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Great Colonial finds, buddy! 2010 is going to be even better!

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

K*E*L*L*Y said:
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

yes it is... you give it to some you love... or if you are in love you wear it... with the heart facing you..
if your hear is on the table you wear the ring with the hear facing out so that other Irish people know

was gonna ask if ur 't' key was busted but you used it plenty of other times in this reply :laughing7: ... just messin, thats cool stuff kel, thanks for sharing :icon_thumleft:

KylePA said:

Thanks Kyle, I hope I can figure out a way to MD without a right arm :help: (gettin surgery on right elbow soon that will leave my arm fulldressed for 5-6 months :'( )

Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Great finds there jeff :headbang:

Thank you Brian ;D HH in 2010!!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

was gonna ask if ur 't' key was busted but you used it plenty of other times in this reply :laughing7: ... just messin, thats cool stuff kel, thanks for sharing :icon_thumleft:

KylePA said:

Thanks Kyle, I hope I can figure out a way to MD without a right arm :help: (gettin surgery on right elbow soon that will leave my arm fulldressed for 5-6 months :'( )

I wouldn't sweat it. Once the elbow heals completely, you'll be back to swinging full time.

I still suffer pains in my left shoulder and left ankle. Both are football injuries from my days of playing in high school. The shoulder injury was my fault, because I was flying like a bat out of hell down the field and slammed the player who caught the kickoff. :laughing9: According to the doctor, I dislocated it. I still believe I did more than dislocate it, because, to this day, it constantly pops and gives me discomfort when I swinging. The broken left ankle came after an opposing player tried tackling me by the shoe lace. He caught my shoe and I was dragging him until another player flew out of nowhere and fell on it, fracturing the inside bone.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

KylePA said:
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

KylePA said:

I wouldn't sweat it. Once the elbow heals completely, you'll be back to swinging full time.

I still suffer pains in my left shoulder and left ankle. Both are football injuries from my days of playing in high school. The shoulder injury was my fault, because I was flying like a bat out of hell down the field and slammed the player who caught the kickoff. :laughing9: According to the doctor, I dislocated it. I still believe I did more than dislocate it, because, to this day, it constantly pops and gives me discomfort when I swinging. The broken left ankle came after an opposing player tried tackling me by the shoe lace. He caught my shoe and I was dragging him until another player flew out of nowhere and fell on it, fracturing the inside bone.

Well Kyle, that sounds like it was misdiagnosed :icon_scratch: ... I'm gonna try and figure out a way to swing with the left hand and strap my shovel to my belt and dig that way.. It will be a challenge, but if I just sit around I'll be :BangHead: so I've gotta figure something out :thumbsup:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
umrgolf2000 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

yeah the leTTer "t" and the letter "J" always seem to stop working on my keyboard..... i would call it junk...
but its a mac... so im for sure on the fact thats its by far the best... who knows! maybe i should watch the screen when i
type and not look at the keys??? ::) ::) :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Considering your 2 college degrees, you must have taken a keyboarding course that taught you not to look at the keyboard when you typed.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
Considering your 2 college degrees, you must have taken a keyboarding course that taught you not to look at the keyboard when you typed.

no.... not really.... remember... im old!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread