36.1 KB · Views: 6,621
Upvote 0

Greg613

Greenie
Jun 20, 2008
Atlanta

derfel

Feb 6, 2008
This a weird one, a dog haveing a dump, I am still unsure what this is used for, there is a clear opening from the base up to the tail? ...

Attachments

• PB020679.JPG
    PB020679.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,832
  • PB020679.JPG
    PB020679.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,816

Baja181

Apr 9, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
derfel said:
This a weird one, a dog haveing a dump, I am still unsure what this is used for, there is a clear opening from the base up to the tail? ...

It could be a caganer figurine. Check this site out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caganer. Years ago I found a small Hitler who appeared to be taking a poop. I had no idea and stumbled upon the caganer history while reseaching my find. :)

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
derfel said:

Its an incense burner

Vanjoe

Mar 26, 2011

I just registered to reply to this!
My father had this exact dog! It was a cheap metal casting . It came with a little box of pellets that were inserted into the hole (less than an 1/8 inch dia.) in the dog's back end and then lit with a match. The pellet then expanded in a long curling manner that became a pile under the rear of the dog.

My father was in the Korean war so I think it may have been a souvenir or something he picked up in one of the many drinking establishments he frequented.
I don't see your location...... did you find this near Rochester,NY ?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vanjoe said:

My father had this exact dog! It was a cheap metal casting . It came with a little box of pellets that were inserted into the hole (less than an 1/8 inch dia.) in the dog's back end and then lit with a match. The pellet then expanded in a long curling manner that became a pile under the rear of the dog.

My father was in the Korean war so I think it may have been a souvenir or something he picked up in one of the many drinking establishments he frequented.
You can still buy those little pellets at firework shops, they call them snakes.

derfel

Feb 6, 2008
Vanjoe said:

No it was found on the river Thames foreshore in London G.B. no one that has seen it in the UK has identified it, i wonder if its of U.S. manufacture?

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antiquarian said:
Hardy said:
This one had me stunned :tongue3:

Hello Hardy,
Did you ever find out what this thing really is? :dontknow:
Dave

This looks like a pocketwatch frame that has a potato grown into it.

Dig em all

Nov 28, 2009
Here are a few of my weird finds.
50CALMetalDetecting115.jpg
50CALMetalDetecting119.jpg
50CALMetalDetecting109.jpg
Detecting
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/AllInCamo/BEARDSLEY%20PARK/Vodoointhepark003.jpg
bernstinenoplacecard007.jpg
bernstinenoplacecard006.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread