Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be an interesting thread.

Something to keep in mind is I'd say the cimcumstance of a find can also qualify it to be posted here. I'm not sure what my choice will be, but there's just as good of a chance it will be from a wacky day, and not necessarily a wacky find. I might have strange item but will have to give it some thought. (I might choose one of each)

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How 'bout a set of CHOPPERS! :laughing9:

Attachments

• 2-3-2010 2;01;28 PM.jpg
    2-3-2010 2;01;28 PM.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 6,820

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A piece of wood grown around a minie ball...

Attachments

• victoria017.jpg
    victoria017.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 7,177
  • victoria017.jpg
    victoria017.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6,799

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
Well, that's a tough one but I'll start with something that I found when I was a teenager. I was searching an elderly ladies yard about ten+ miles from where I grew up and found one of those typical star souvenir tokens that we see all the time. Printed on this token was "Craig B. and Jimmy C. friends forever" and I thought nothing of it until I brought it home and showed my mother. She got excited and said that this token was my uncle Craig and his best friend Jimmy. She asked me where I found it and said "Yep, that's where your uncles best friend lived until he moved away in the late 1950's"
I gave the token to my uncle when I saw him next and he couldn't believe that I found it. He went on to tell me about his friend and how he spent his younger days at that house until Jimmy moved away.
Sorry no photo. I would have to get the token from my uncle to photograph it.
It was nice to find something that belonged to my family and it was nice to see my uncle drift back to his childhood days.

Nice Potato Hardy and I am proud to say that I was there that day you found it and I witnessed that bizarre find! :thumbsup:
Dave.
That's as good as returning a ring any day!!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In honor of the 'girls,' Agnes, Mabel, and Beckie(also known as Miss Thang, Trixie, and Shugar Britches), the 3 Merry Widows who invented the first 'reusable' condom in the late 1800's. Hopefully it held up better than the package! :laughing7: Breezie

Attachments

• 3MerryWidows.jpg
    3MerryWidows.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6,434
OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
I think this thread is going places , and Breezie's armoured Condom pack is going to get us there safely :laughing9:

I wonder if they were steel jacketed :icon_scratch:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty of protection, when protected by a steel jacket. :icon_scratch:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL . . okay Spooky, Hike, and Hardy, let's join in to sing a chorus 'When Johnny Comes Marching Home,' or Kumbaya . . :laughing7: Breezie

Attachments

• parade1.jpg
    parade1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6,308
YEAH BABY, 15K GOLD!
I wasn't going to do this but once I saw Hogge's post, I thought yes, I'll bite. ;D

Attachments

• P1070368.JPG
    P1070368.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 6,294

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm down by the riverside, and I catch site of a bottle top in with some flotsam by the base of a tree....well I pull it up to discover that it's wrapped in black silk, tied (rather profusely I might add) with white string. Somewhat curious, I cut the string away to unwrap the bottle (thinking, perhaps, some sort of letter or something may be inside :)) well, the bottle top is sealed, tight. I have no intention of trying to open it, look at the pics and you'll see why. (Your guess as to what's inside is as good as mine).
The bottle is Barbancourt rum from Haiti so I'm figuring it's some sort of voodoo fetish :icon_pale:

Attachments

• IMG_4239.JPG
    IMG_4239.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 6,216
  • IMG_4237.JPG
    IMG_4237.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 6,167
  • IMG_4238.JPG
    IMG_4238.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 6,189

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
YEAH BABY, 15K GOLD!
I wasn't going to do this but once I saw Hogge's post, I thought yes, I'll bite. ;D
HA HA HA!!! Good one. :laughing9:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mile-ender said:
So, I'm down by the riverside, and I catch site of a bottle top in with some flotsam by the base of a tree....well I pull it up to discover that it's wrapped in black silk, tied (rather profusely I might add) with white string. Somewhat curious, I cut the string away to unwrap the bottle (thinking, perhaps, some sort of letter or something may be inside :)) well, the bottle top is sealed, tight. I have no intention of trying to open it, look at the pics and you'll see why. (Your guess as to what's inside is as good as mine).
The bottle is Barbancourt rum from Haiti so I'm figuring it's some sort of voodoo fetish :icon_pale:

Wow, that is really weird. Is the stuff 3-D & inside of the bottle? What type of material do you think it is? It looks like one person holding up another person or baby. That is really strange. I agree, it's might be some type of voo doo, although when I was a kid, I remember my Daddy would take the cardboard & clear wrap of a Twinkie or Hostess Ho-Ho package and fold/roll it up, then slide it down the neck of the Pepsi/Coke bottle, then re-cap the bottle. I guess that was his way of compacting trash back in the 1950's. Breezie

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breezie said:
mile-ender said:

Wow, that is really weird. Is the stuff 3-D & inside of the bottle? What type of material do you think it is? It looks like one person holding up another person or baby. That is really strange. I agree, it's might be some type of voo doo, although when I was a kid, I remember my Daddy would take the cardboard & clear wrap of a Twinkie or Hostess Ho-Ho package and fold/roll it up, then slide it down the neck of the Pepsi/Coke bottle, then re-cap the bottle. I guess that was his way of compacting trash back in the 1950's. Breezie
Yeah, it's inside. It almost looks like maybe some sort of root or uhm, maybe sinew or intestine - it's rather disturbing (or is that just my imagination :tongue3:). Here's another pic - really though you'd have to see it up close.

Attachments

• IMG_4242.JPG
    IMG_4242.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 6,119

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mile-ender said:
Breezie said:
mile-ender said:

Yeah, it's inside. It almost looks like maybe some sort of root or uhm, maybe sinew or intestine - it's rather disturbing (or is that just my imagination :tongue3:). Here's another pic - really though you'd have to see it up close.

Looks like it would make some delicious soup base. :tongue3:

Iron Patch said:
mile-ender said:
Breezie said:
mile-ender said:

I was just about to eat my lunch. Thanks buddy! ::)

If this bottle has the "Voodoo" feel to it, I would return it back to the river. Bad energy.
I do agree with it being disturbing. It kinda puts my molar picture to shame!
Dave.

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
mile-ender said:
Breezie said:
mile-ender said:

Tell ya what, I'll ship it out to ya, and you can taste it and let us know :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread