A few finds from an old farm

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission to hunt a 100 acre farm that has been farmed since the 1730's last May.? I have been hunting it all summer and have found lots of stuff.? Here is a picture of some of the best coin finds in close up and a sample of a typical stuff I find there on a regular basis.? The silver coins shown in the bottom part of the picture are all from the 40's and 50's.? You'll have to take my word on the 1720 half pence but you can make out about 8 points on it that match with a photograph of one that is in good condition.? This picture of it makes it hard to make out all of the match points.

It's been fun hunting that farm and I have only done a tiny part of it.? Should keep me busy for years to come - the best thing of all is that it is only a 5 minute walk from my house.? Good luck and Happy Hunting? ?;D

Upvote 0

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
Very nice collection of stuff!! Good Luck searching the rest of the farm maybe a gold piece or 2 might show up.

OP
OP
SteveP (NH)

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinshooter said:
I'm very jealous!! What is that ring in the bottom pic?

That ring isn't much to brag about - it is Gold Filled not gold and I think the "stone" set in the black onyx is fake. It looks like it is all scratched up when viewed under a microscope so I don't believe it is a diamond.

The thing I am hoping to find now are some seated coins. I have found coins from the 1700's and coins from the 1900's - now it is time to find some from the 1800's. :P

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dude! your living my dream!!!

jc2

Sep 18, 2004
Philadelphia Pa
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE w/SunRay X1 Probe, Sovereign Elite w/SunRay S1 Probe, Garrett Infinium LS and the Tesoro Cortes'
Great finds :) . . .That King George should clean up using electrolysis. What detector are you using?

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds. I have found my share of silver, but I could stand some more ;)
I'm currently working on a hunt for a willow tree shilling. When it was lost it was in good condition.
Of course my hunt sheet is growing to the point that I may have to give some spots away. Still the old home place hunt does something for me. The idea that history was made at these places and often found by us with a detector just reminds me why I'm in this hobby to start with. Good luck. HH! Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread