Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 104
  1. #76
    us
    Historian

    Jul 2003
    Honeoye Falls, NY (Fingerlakes Area)
    White / Fisher / DJI Cellar Hole Detector
    205
    38 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Best Pictures

    Mercury my Alaskan Husky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merc4.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	419972  

  2. #77
    us
    Apr 2007
    Southwestern, MN
    Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon
    671
    1 times

    Re: Best Pictures

    TAD My Cat..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finds 006.JPG 
Views:	857 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	419999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finds 007.JPG 
Views:	854 
Size:	376.6 KB 
ID:	420000  

  3. #78
    gb
    Leggo Master of the UK

    Aug 2009
    Ankh-Morpork
    Goldmaxx Power and Canon 7D and Viagra supplier
    2,992
    130 times
    Metal Detecting and Conservation
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: Best Pictures

    Saw this outside 5 mins ago, it's about 2 and a half to 3 inches long and was sheltering from the wind, so I didn't disturb it.

    hammered

    oops wrong pic sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web 101.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	421013  

    Because it's always hammer time

  4. #79
    gb
    Leggo Master of the UK

    Aug 2009
    Ankh-Morpork
    Goldmaxx Power and Canon 7D and Viagra supplier
    2,992
    130 times
    Metal Detecting and Conservation
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: Best Pictures

    I chased this butterfly around my garden for ages, every time I got near, it flew off. But when it got out of breath , I managed to take this snap of it.

    hammered

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web 015.jpg 
Views:	760 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	421457  

    Because it's always hammer time

  5. #80
    ad
    Mar 2009
    WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
    5,158
    579 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: Best Pictures

    The first picture sums up all my metal detecting days... is where more hunt findings, is the site closest to my house and a special place, the background is the castle,the other pictures are of a very quiet nearby fields and rich in finds of all time, also are popular for me.
    Greetings!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hkjhk 015.JPG 
Views:	603 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	37905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hkjhk 015.JPG 
Views:	601 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	436633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hkjhk 034.JPG 
Views:	592 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	436634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hkjhk 027.JPG 
Views:	595 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	436635  
      No matter how long the storm, the sun always shines again between the clouds ...... 

  6. #81
    nl
    Jun 2007
    West Friesland, NL
    XP Deus
    1,754
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Best Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by HISPAN
    The first picture sums up all my metal detecting days... is where more hunt findings, is the site closest to my house and a special place, the background is the castle,the other pictures are of a very quiet nearby fields and rich in finds of all time, also are popular for me.
    Greetings!
    Hi Hispan, nice photos, the fields look just great to search. What is the item in the last photo?
    West Friesland, Netherlands, www.wf4.nl

  7. #82

    Re: Best Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by HISPAN
    The first picture sums up all my metal detecting days... is where more hunt findings, is the site closest to my house and a special place, the background is the castle,the other pictures are of a very quiet nearby fields and rich in finds of all time, also are popular for me.
    Greetings!
    I agree, the detector against the spade is an iconic picture to anyone that detects. I've often wanted to catch the sun set between the invert 'V' (gap between the detector & spade)
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

  8. #83
    nl
    Jun 2007
    West Friesland, NL
    XP Deus
    1,754
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Best Pictures

    I guess I could post a few photos here; got so many of them its hard to know which ones to post....

    Here are a couple of the photos that I use to bring back old memories.

    First two photos is from me on one of my searches in Serbia, in the winter of 2004..... the find is a roman wood drill used in the construction of the torn down fort in the area were searching.

    Its 630 mm long, the width of the head is 65 mm and the mass is 1927 grams. I just loved searching there, found good iron objects there. Went a total of 4 times to Serbia, all in March or November.... COLD!
    Last photo is the drill when it was cleaned up and preserved (by an archaeological company).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004 November, searching in Serbia.JPG 
Views:	535 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	437088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004 November, the find in the snow.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	437089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roman Drill.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	437091  
    West Friesland, Netherlands, www.wf4.nl

  9. #84
    nl
    Jun 2007
    West Friesland, NL
    XP Deus
    1,754
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Best Pictures

    The next two photos are of memories in Holland. The first is a field near where I live in the spring, the other is looking out of my front window.

    In the second group memories of South Africa (where my wife was born).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Field near Hoorn where I live.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	437096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heres looking out of my front window.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	437097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The south coast of South Africa.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	437098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tourist booth in Stellenbosch South Africa, a great town.JPG 
Views:	513 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	437099  
    West Friesland, Netherlands, www.wf4.nl

  10. #85

    Re: Best Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY50
    I guess I could post a few photos here; got so many of them its hard to know which ones to post....

    Here are a couple of the photos that I use to bring back old memories.

    First two photos is from me on one of my searches in Serbia, in the winter of 2004..... the find is a roman wood drill used in the construction of the torn down fort in the area were searching.

    Its 630 mm long, the width of the head is 65 mm and the mass is 1927 grams. I just loved searching there, found good iron objects there. Went a total of 4 times to Serbia, all in March or November.... COLD!
    Last photo is the drill when it was cleaned up and preserved (by an archaeological company).
    You are my indiana Jones of detecting, when I grow up I want to be just like you
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

  11. #86
    nl
    Jun 2007
    West Friesland, NL
    XP Deus
    1,754
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Best Pictures

    And the last three photos are of the area where I grew up in the Antelope Valley, on a ranch in the Mojave Desert of Southern California. I still love that place and love to go back and walk around all my old areas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo of Mount Baldy taken by my father in 1948 our ranch view.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	437101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Poppies in back of our ranch.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	437102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Antelope Valley, Lake Elizabeth Valley_resize.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	437103  
    West Friesland, Netherlands, www.wf4.nl

  12. #87

    Re: Best Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY50
    And the last three photos are of the area where I grew up in the Antelope Valley, on a ranch in the Mojave Desert of Southern California. I still love that place and love to go back and walk around all my old areas.
    that is pretty breath taking
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

  13. #88
    nl
    Jun 2007
    West Friesland, NL
    XP Deus
    1,754
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Best Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY50
    I guess I could post a few photos here; got so many of them its hard to know which ones to post....

    Here are a couple of the photos that I use to bring back old memories.

    First two photos is from me on one of my searches in Serbia, in the winter of 2004..... the find is a roman wood drill used in the construction of the torn down fort in the area were searching.

    Its 630 mm long, the width of the head is 65 mm and the mass is 1927 grams. I just loved searching there, found good iron objects there. Went a total of 4 times to Serbia, all in March or November.... COLD!
    Last photo is the drill when it was cleaned up and preserved (by an archaeological company).
    You are my indiana Jones of detecting, when I grow up I want to be just like you
    That's funny, I always thought when I grow up I wanted to be like you, searching almost every day would be wonderful. But I realize now that I have already grown up, sh--!
    West Friesland, Netherlands, www.wf4.nl

  14. #89
    nl
    Jun 2007
    West Friesland, NL
    XP Deus
    1,754
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Best Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY50
    And the last three photos are of the area where I grew up in the Antelope Valley, on a ranch in the Mojave Desert of Southern California. I still love that place and love to go back and walk around all my old areas.
    that is pretty breath taking
    Yea I know. You know after living here since 1971 people still ask me where I came from and when I say the Mojave desert of Southern California they always ask "What in he-- are you doing here". My answer is "Women". Been twice married to dutch girls and like it. Do miss the desert very very much, but so is life, you make choices and bear the results, Holland is not bad, but cool and wet instead of warm and dry. Oh well.... maybe in the next life...

    The Antelope Valley is quite unique, it is about a hours drive to the snow, and a hours drive to the beach. And you are on a desert. This is an aerial photo of it.

    As you can see its in the shape of a V. The V on the underside, that is the San Andres earthquake fault line. The top of the V is also some earthquake faults, but not so big. It sort of looks like a delta, like long ago the sea flowed into the valley, which could be true.

    You see on the right side, on the open side of the V, the land is much lower, and that continues to Death Valley which is to the north. When the Sierra Nevada mountains were made the land on the east side dropped, and the mountains raised up. So way back then when the sea was much higher than now, if the sea broke through the point of the V the sea could have flowed for years into the low area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	our ranch about here.....jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	273.0 KB 
ID:	437106  
    West Friesland, Netherlands, www.wf4.nl

  15. #90
    nl
    Jun 2007
    West Friesland, NL
    XP Deus
    1,754
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Best Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY50
    And the last three photos are of the area where I grew up in the Antelope Valley, on a ranch in the Mojave Desert of Southern California. I still love that place and love to go back and walk around all my old areas.
    that is pretty breath taking
    Yes I know. I just try to keep it all down in my mind. I guess really I would love to live there again, its not easy to keep the feelings down...
    West Friesland, Netherlands, www.wf4.nl

 

 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3