IMG_2828a.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 2,696
Upvote 0

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
:hello2: Congrates!
That coin at the bottom twards the left with the thingy-magiger attached to it looks real cool

U

umrgolf

Hey Bill, incredible.. I've heard of you a time or two but never met you obviously.. Virginia's been kind to me as well in the 8 months I've been digging here :thumbsup: Looking for colonial silver number number 12 from VA at the moment :laughing7: ... Look at my avatar, looks kinda familiar heh? Nice work.. Jeff

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Recently reached a milestone with the recovery of my 100th colonial silver c

Bill, that is a stunning display of early silver! I've never seen anyone find what you do there, and even though I am happy with what I've got the coil over the last 10 years, there's a long way to go to get to 100! (probably the rest of my detecting days just to be close but can't imagine digging 100) A hundred early silver not to mention the great variety. :o I sure wish we had more great early sites like that, because it's where all my cobs are from, but the sad truth is we're down to the last remaining signals on our current spots and that age of site is getting close to impossible to find here. But we'll always have some other stuff. I wish I would have done that type of count with Rev War buttons but it wouldn't have the same effect because most were/are pretty ugly condition. Great post! :thumbsup:

Iron Patch aka C.C. from ARH

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Recently reached a milestone with the recovery of my 100th colonial silver c

amazing work, Bill.
would love to see some of the high points there a little closer up.
congratulations on an amazing twelve years!

dwayne

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Here ya go Dwayne

I zoomed into one corner of the pic so you can see a little more detail.

Attachments

• IMG_2828b1.JPG
    IMG_2828b1.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 2,551

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Bill, glad to see you post it on this forum, people love Colonial Silver. Maybe adding the closeup of your oldies you found a couple years back would be nice to see again, you know, the handfull of beauties, I remember the photos so well~! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a post. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Thank You for taking the time to post ! That is a very amazing colletion of early Silver :notworthy:

I am VERY interested to see what other items are in your best finds box :notworthy:

VPR

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a couple of English hammered that I still need & I've detected over 20 years in the UK :headbang: :laughing9:

Whats the oldest Lizzy?

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Crusader .......

My oldest Elizabethan silver was a 1563 sixpence, with several others from the 1560s and 70s. Here's a pic of all the hammies found at one site here in SE Virginia.

Attachments

• IMG_0388b.jpg
    IMG_0388b.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 2,399

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hey Crusader .......

Bill D. (VA) said:
My oldest Elizabethan silver was a 1563 sixpence, with several others from the 1560s and 70s. Here's a pic of all the hammies found at one site here in SE Virginia.

Thanks.

Whats your theory on them getting there, maybe with the wear they came over in about 1620s :dontknow:

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crusader - these coins were found in 2 scattered caches. Actually, in one of the areas I found 7 in one hole deep in the ground after digging a shallow coin directly above. After recently stumbling across a great document while researching, I discovered who owned these coins and how they came to be there. I can't say anymore without giving clues to where the site is. Its a great story, and it has me hot on the trail of what could possibly be more caches on a nearby property that I've just started searching. Anyway, that's all I can say for now. HH ..... Bill

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And by the way Crusader .....

the cob I recently posted in the Spanish Cobs forum came from the new site. Found it in the first 15 minutes there, but no more silver has shown up since that find. Its a big site, and it will have to wait for next fall.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill D. (VA) said:
Crusader - these coins were found in 2 scattered caches. Actually, in one of the areas I found 7 in one hole deep in the ground after digging a shallow coin directly above. After recently stumbling across a great document while researching, I discovered who owned these coins and how they came to be there. I can't say anymore without giving clues to where the site is. Its a great story, and it has me hot on the trail of what could possibly be more caches on a nearby property that I've just started searching. Anyway, that's all I can say for now. HH ..... Bill

sounds great, nice to get the history matching your discovery - well done - I understand the silence

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
It is about time you got your Colonial arse over here, Bill! You will find that the people on Treasurenet are very cordial. As you see, C.C. and Don post here regularly. Make yourself at home and start posting your recoveries on Today's Finds! :headbang:

The pile of silvers show how serious you are in looking for the earliest VA can offer! Keep at it, Bill, and I'm sure 200 will come sooner than later!

Kyle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread