KKCs Best 18th Century Links (Found by the C of KKC)

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KKC's Best 18th Century Links (Found by the C of KKC)

My uncle, Colonial Copper Zeus, found these cufflinks at our best site so far. The farm produced 30 coppers and three Spanish silvers in 2008. We still have no idea who is on them or what the letters are above the guy's head? We do believe they are military-related, though.

Attachments

• PIC00009.jpg
    PIC00009.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 505
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: KKC's Best 18th Century Links (Found by the C of KKC)

There's enough you'll definitely get an ID on those someday!

U

umrgolf

Those are some SWEET PA links if I've ever seen any :headbang: :headbang: Nice dig(s) C

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Somehow I sort of remember the name Admiral Rodney being tossed around as a possibility, either from Chris's find or one or two posted on another fourm, perhaps by Steve E from Pa........

Don

Attachments

• Admiral Rodney.jpg
    Admiral Rodney.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 501

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don in SJ said:
Somehow I sort of remember the name Admiral Rodney being tossed around as a possibility, either from Chris's find or one or two posted on another fourm, perhaps by Steve E from Pa........

Don

It was from me, and they are similar, but I guess not a match. Once day someone will post a good one of those to clear it up.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Speaking of Admiral Rodney .......

Check out this button ....

Attachments

• rodney btn1.jpg
    rodney btn1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 466
  • rodney btn2.jpg
    rodney btn2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 460

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Speaking of Admiral Rodney .......

Bill D. (VA) said:

Beauty! Admiral Rodney! :thumbsup: Super condition too. That is one nice find! I seen a complete link that was dug and not as nice sell for a few hunded dollars.

I tell yeah I still wonder if the above is just a variant that says Rodney. I can't say for certain the one I seen matched Bill's but i do know it was Admiral Rodney. I was actually going to go as high as $100 but it did much better.

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Re: Speaking of Admiral Rodney .......

Iron Patch said:
Bill D. (VA) said:

Beauty! Admiral Rodney! :thumbsup: Super condition too. That is one nice find! I seen a complete link that was dug and not as nice sell for a few hunded dollars.

I tell yeah I still wonder if the above is just a variant that says Rodney. I can't say for certain the one I seen matched Bill's but i do know it was Admiral Rodney. I was actually going to go as high as $100 but it did much better.

I wonder if there were different varieties? If so, perhaps Zeus found one. They will remain a mystery until someone digs another.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cant help with an ID, but they are vary cool looking. Yours is sweet to Bill. :thumbsup:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Defenitly should add it too that thread. I still say the ones you found with the ships in them are the best I have ever seen. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mainer said:
Defenitly should add it too that thread. I still say the ones you found with the ships in them are the best I have ever seen. :thumbsup:

Too bad they're not a little more clear but I'll still take em. The soldier one is my favorite.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What does that one say Patch? I think I see Volunteer on one side but cant make out the other word?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mainer said:
What does that one say Patch? I think I see Volunteer on one side but cant make out the other word?

British Volunteer. The only military button found was a Rev War Royal Provincials so I'd say there's a good chance it was from his cufflink. Now that I think about it, it's time to hit the place and look for the rest. It's about an hour and fifteen away so we don't get there often.

U

umrgolf

Iron Patch said:
mainer said:

British Volunteer. The only military button found was a Rev War Royal Provincials so I'd say there's a good chance it was from his cufflink. Now that I think about it, it's time to hit the place and look for the rest. It's about an hour and fifteen away so we don't get there often.

I know that feeling.. a couple of my good sites are about 2 hrs away :wink:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
mainer said:

Hey, you've been gone a couple months Beety. ;D

Yeah we've hit a few decent spots maybe 40 minutes away so it has kept us from having to go too far. But if we get a decent idea we will go anywhere.

U

umrgolf

Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
mainer said:

Hey, you've been gone a couple months Spidey. ;D

Yeah we've hit a few decent spots maybe 40 minutes away so it has kept us from having to go too far. But if we get a decent idea we will go anywhere.

more recently we've found some nice spots about 30 min away.. ya good to be back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread