Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT'S THIS DOING HERE?

This has to be my most unusual find ever.Though it's not particularly valuable, it is definitely unusual.It's a kaleidoscope, I have no idea how old it is or where it came from.The mirrors inside are mounted with copper framing,the outside is what appears to be a turquoise,blue-green shade with white stryations,it's not plastic I don't think,the surface has small ridges and raised areas on it that coincide with the white stryations.It's all encased together with some type of solder,though it's not like any soldering job i've ever seen.It is almost 7 inches long and just over 2 inches wide ,it weighs 9.6 oz..It has an overall triangular shape.It's made to be self-standing and is in excellent shape.It was found over the summer in an abandoned house,under an old woodburning stove,rather what was left of an old woodburning stove and other debris.Anybody ever seen anything like this before? ???

Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WHAT'S THIS DOING HERE?

Yes, I have one that I bought. People make them and you can find them at most street fairs here in CA. Maybe some hippies were living in that house before they moved on. Wow man, the colors!!!!! 8)

N

neu

wow, very interesting. thats a new one. nice find

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thats what I love about this Hobby,,, it's always interesting... ;D