Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like Keith's GW button here's another political button and it's the best one I've ever found down here in South Carolina.I've been offered quite a bit for it from a collector but just can't part with it, It's just too rare of a find and means a lot to me. It's a button made in France near the end of the revolutionary war. Its got a snake( like the famous don't tread on me flag) plus 13 eggs for the 13 original colonies. This type snake button is pretty much regionally only found in the South Carolina coastal Georgia area. I think a couple have come from the Savannah area but I doubt more than 10 -15 of this type have ever been founddown in these parts anyway. It makes it a pretty hard to come by button and probably worn by some high ranking official that dealt with the French. I've only viewed a couple here and there but this is the prettiest dug one I've ever seen. Hope you enjoy the pic!

Laszlo

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:headbang:
LP, Thats a gorgeous button and the best Ive seen dug! The ¨Dont Tread On Me¨ motif button is high on my wish list. I took a buddy to a site last year and he scored a liberty cap and pole button in super shape right in front of me! :icon_scratch: :laughing7: Oh well, you know how that goes sometimes!
Keith

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
that is beautiful! would love to find a button that old in such good shape! I say banner find.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet button, and I would love to have one of those in my collection. If I had the money I would try to assemble a collection of all the early rattlesnake buttons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions