Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Well after a 2 mile hike into the deep woods i stumbled across my
favorite site of 2010..
I started seeing all these walls and passed through the opening following what used to be a wagon trail..
All of a sudden as i reached the crest of upward climbing i was amazed to see a very early cellar hole..
Then i looked around a bit and found a colonial graveyard with about 20 stones so worn they are just crude stones sticking straight out of the ground..
No modern trash at all..Every signal was something period..Buttons galore so i named it
"BUTTON CITY"..
After research i found it was occupied from the late 1600's to about 1850..Deserted ever since with little human presence since..
This is just my finds my buddies i brought there found a silver spoon,buckles,buttons...Great site
Also the small button under the horse bridles is a colonial or earlier silver button..
I also pulled a war of 1812 button out of there..
Not many coins they were poor as dirt...

Attachments

• button city  total finds 001 111.jpg
    button city total finds 001 111.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,827
  • button city  total finds 006 6666.jpg
    button city total finds 006 6666.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,814
  • button city  total finds 005 555.jpg
    button city total finds 005 555.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,826
  • button city  total finds 004 444.jpg
    button city total finds 004 444.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,816
  • button city  total finds 003 333.jpg
    button city total finds 003 333.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 2,826
  • button city  total finds 002 222.jpg
    button city total finds 002 222.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,817
  • button city  total finds 007 777.jpg
    button city total finds 007 777.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,820
  • button city  total finds 008 888.jpg
    button city total finds 008 888.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,813
Last edited:
Upvote 0

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
freddy williams said:
How awsome that would be to find a site like that with no modern trash and nothing but period pieces. I would bet money that if you searched it more and slow down just a bit you will start to find coins and probably some silver or gold pieces.. HH :icon_thumright:

Im hoping for a cache..We found a few coins but not many..Goes to show how poor they really were..

Blaze....

Coin Stalker

Jan 12, 2011
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
Nice finds, keep pounding the site im sure you will pull more coins :thumbsup: :headbang:

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Coin Stalker said:
Nice finds, keep pounding the site im sure you will pull more coins :thumbsup: :headbang:

Plus this area was plowed over and over again in the colonial days..Probably more stuff out of reach..
Im going to try a sef coil on my T2 Special Edition.Maybe hunt in the all metal or cache mode.. :icon_thumleft:

Blaze...

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I went back to this site and found a few more things recently :thumbsup:

Plus im working on a trade of the deer pipe and silver spoon my buddy found to add to the display case im making :read2:

Blaze

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Great looking relics you got there. I saw that you found a few of those saddle shields,,,do know about how old those things are cause I found one the other day and couldn't any info on it. That sounds like one awesome sight!!!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny, Great post!!! What a feeling you must have had when you realized that your detector was the first to be on that
prime piece of land. Got to be some coins there.....although, all the money they spent on buttons, they might not have
had much left to lose.
Have you tried the Soverign Elite, with large head? I just began using it 2 weeks ago, and it really really gets deep. Might
be the machine/setup to get down to some of the older buried stuff......and if you use it, if possible, don't use it in factory
preset sensativity mode. Play with it a little.....the depth is better than anything I have used, and I've been at this THing
stuff for about 35+ years.
Have fun......and my wish for you is that you find that cache you are looking for.....keep us posted. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone i just thought i would update this site i got my favorite bottle just outside this cellar :thumbsup:

Pure drugs man :headbang:

Dr A.Z. Falcon Central Falls R.I.

Blaze

Attachments

• best bottle 001.jpg
    best bottle 001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 821
  • best bottle 002.jpg
    best bottle 002.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 817
  • best bottle 1 002.jpg
    best bottle 1 002.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 808

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
Does anyone know what these 3 items would be from? I've seen many pop up over the years....

These are belt or strap guides from saddles, circa late 18th to early 19th century.

Here is the thread about these items, for sometime when you have an hour free to read it. There is a second piece that went with this item, that few realize was a pair. These were even mis-identified in the UK finds database, and in Gordon Bailey's book (he said they were drawer pulls)!

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,175963.0.html

Cheers,

Buckles

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
The Patriot said:
Does anyone know what these 3 items would be from? I've seen many pop up over the years....

These are belt or strap guides from saddles, circa late 18th to early 19th century.

Here is the thread about these items, for sometime when you have an hour free to read it. There is a second piece that went with this item, that few realize was a pair. These were even mis-identified in the UK finds database, and in Gordon Bailey's book (he said they were drawer pulls)!

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,175963.0.html

Cheers,

Buckles

I am pretty sure they are not called Bridles?A horse bridle is what goes on a horses head to hold the Bit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread