New to this! But had an exciting (almost first) find!

RanMan

Greenie
Jan 10, 2011
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Being new to this, I had what I thought was a good "almost first" find. Within 20 minutes of searching near the driveway of a home built in 1850, I made these finds about 8" down within 2 feet of each other.

cashou.jpg

cashou2.jpg

After finding that, I went back to the same spot and located one of these- NOTE, this photo (below) is NOT of the coin I found. It was corroded but had enough detail to where I could positively identify it. Mine even has the same date as this one. (1845)

coin2.jpg coin4.jpg

This (below) is the one I found. It had a hole drilled in it as if someone had been wearing it on a chain. I asked around locally and was told that back then, it would have been a capital offense for someone to deface the coin with the image royalty on it.

coin3.jpg

In the same area I located a 32 caliber rim fire casing from what research revealed came from a "Saturday night special" at the turn of the century.

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll be amazed what can be found in your area! And there is quite a few who dig in the Maritime provinces who are regular posters on detecting forums.

OP
OP
RanMan

RanMan

Greenie
Jan 10, 2011
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
daroofa said:
Nice finds....you might find this interesting.

Prince of Wales Cachou Dispenser

Hi,

Believe it or not that is the exact page I found that helped me identify the piece. Thanks!! I wish mine was in that kind of shape... mine actually still had something that looked like snuff in it.

RanMan

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a similar one I found a couple years ago...

Attachments

• 19 April 09 002.jpg
    19 April 09 002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 468
  • 19 April 09 002.jpg
    19 April 09 002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 466

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread