Ace 250 is doing good...

Coin Stalker

Jan 12, 2011
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
Took the 250 to the park last weekend and was able to pull a lot of clad out of the ground.. This machine does great for coins. Here are some pics of my finds (No pics of all the trash I dug :o) I also found 2 wheaties and a bicentennial quarter. This is my 3rd time out with this machine and it seems every time I go to this park I come home with a pocket full of change... I have only hunted about 1/3 of the park so im sure ill be back out there soon.... :headbang: :read2:

Attachments

• clad.jpg
    clad.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 917
  • centenial1.jpg
    centenial1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 920
  • centenial2.jpg
    centenial2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 916
  • wheat face.jpg
    wheat face.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 914
  • wheat back.jpg
    wheat back.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 911
Upvote 0

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
My buddy has the Ace 250.Its a good beginner machine to get the excitement flowing..If you get any extra cash i would upgrade to something that has a vdi reading on it..I mean at this day in age why not...
Looks like your keeping yourself busy digging :icon_thumleft:

Blaze...

bgriffin

Jan 2, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Keep up the good work! I have a Ace 350 and I have been real pleased with it.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
The ace 250 is very popular for a first detector..
I hunt alot of colonial sites in the woods and the relics/coins are deep..At least 7 inches or so..
Having the vdi number system is amazing..I know what to dig and what not to dig...
The way i look at it is if your gonna spend alot of time out there,wouldnt you want a deep detector..
Think of all the stuff your missing!!!
"Time is not reedeemable"...

Blaze...

OP
OP
Coin Stalker

Coin Stalker

Jan 12, 2011
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
Hey guys what about the 9x12 coil will that get me a couple more inches of depth....... Really wont be able to upgrade to a new detector for a while, so I would like to make this 250 the best it could be..... :dontknow: :read2:

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
I got an ace 250 with a detech 10x14" coil, and I must say, it's an awesome machine with this upgrade, goes considerably deeper than the standard coil, is not expensive and I just love it.
another thing which is a must for an ace with a bigger coil is to use rechargeable batteries, since a bigger coil eats batteries even faster than a stock coil. basically the ace 250 with a large coil does not cost me a penny anymore :)

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coins
congrats.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread