Vicksburg Sharp Shooter (VSS) Two piece tongue and wreath

Mississippi

Aug 22, 2005
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Safari, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am still in shock at this find I made today. This was the last thing on my mind was to dig a two piece tongue and wreath side by side. I found the wreath first at about 3-4 inches, was just in hog heaven went over to my digging partner Ted to show him, told him that part of the field was off limits until I made a effort to find the tongue (never thinking it would happen). After about 15 Min's of can you believe it and no way I went back to my hole (thinking to myself I better recheck the hole). I turn my machine on, maybe 4-5 inches to the right of that hole I received another singled, thinking yea right I dug down about 1 1/2- 2 inches and out came the tongue and after close inspection as I had never seen one like it the letters VSS came to light (Vicksburg Sharp-Shooters), I was totally shocked, surprised and stunned all at once. The dices were rolled just right today and the good Lord was looking down upon me. Since moving to Virginia from Mississippi my goal was to find at least a Mississippi button, never did I think in a million years I would find a two pieces tongue and wreath associated with Co E 12th Mississippi Regt from Warren County, Miss.

Just for clarification as I did not state this in my original post this buckle was found on private property with the owners permission.

Attachments

• VSS.jpg
    VSS.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 671
  • VSS1.JPG
    VSS1.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 697
  • VSS2.JPG
    VSS2.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 700
  • VSS3.JPG
    VSS3.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 691
  • VSS4.JPG
    VSS4.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 687
  • VSS5.JPG
    VSS5.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 683
  • VSS.jpg
    VSS.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
Congratulations, You have my vote for having a"Banner Find"

P

pastorals

Just found this post today and all I can say is AWESOME!! I'm jealous...envious, even. Sleep with one eye open from now on ;)

Alan

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
How is it this post was practically ignored???? AWESOME FIND!!! congrats :hello2:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
cntrydncr1 said:
How is it this post was practically ignored???? AWESOME FIND!!! congrats :hello2:

No kidding! Maybe because it was posted in best finds instead of todays finds? Anyway it's still an awesome buckle, congrats :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions